Google Chromecast 2 and iPad questions

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
So I'm sure this may have been asked, but I couldn't dig anything up. I have been pondering buying the new updated Chromecast 2 to use on my tv. I have an iPad Air that I was going to be pairing it with to stream YouTube, Netflix in the bedroom since I don't have a wireless blue ray. The only way we are watching Netflix now is via my blue ray player in my living room that is wired straight to my modem.

My question is: Can you mirror say websites for web browsing to the Chromecast using iOS devices? I haven't been able to find a for sure answer. I know you can by using say a laptop, but all I have is our laptop.

If anyone could be of assistance it would be much appreciated!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
No you cannot. At the moment, only Android devices can mirror the screen and computers can mirror Chrome webpages. iOS devices can only mirror videos.

Blown 89

Established Member
Are there any third party apps that do it? The Play Store had 3rd party apps that could mirror the screen long before it was baked in....maybe that's the case on ios.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I believe you can with Apple TV.

FWIW, I didn't like my Apple TV. Even though I got it free and did some cool stuff, it would lose wifi signal after like an hour and I would need to restart it. I tried a million different things to get it to work but I eventually threw it away, no idea if they have fixed the issues since.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
As stated above I know you for sure can with Apple TV. I was really hoping you could with Chromecast, as its significantly cheaper to buy over the Apple TV. Maybe someday they'll offer the option to do it with iOS devices, since that's all my wife and I have.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wait, you are asking if an Apple device will have issues communicating with an Android powered one?

Thats like being a man and trying to figure out women. Just aint gonna happen.

Users who are viewing this thread