Goodyear F1 315-35/17, Anyone have em?

Black03svt-2011

Established Member
I ran a search but am pressed for time so try not to kick me to hard. Im looking to get afs 10.5 repros for the rear of my cobra. When I bought it, it already had goodyear eagle f1's so I'd like to just run those on the rear. Question is will those tires in the above mentioned size fit with just using a modified irs bolt or will I still have to use a spacer? Any other issues I'll run into? Car is stock height and is a convertible if that makes a difference.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'm running AFS 10.5" replicas on the back along with 315/35/17 GS-D3's. You're definitely going to need to grind down the IRS bolt or buy the MM button head bolts to give you some added clearance. Even with the MM bolts it was really close so I also went ahead and bought some 3/8" spacers to gain a little more room. The way I look at it is these tires are waaaaay to expensive to be taking a chance that the IRS bolt won't be cutting into the sidewall. Also, adding lowering springs or cutting your stock ones will gain you more clearance as well.

Bookstore014-2.jpg

Black03svt-2011

Established Member
Thanks, your car looks amazing. So you haven't lowered yours at all? Have you ever had any issues with your spacers and which did you end up buying? What exhaust do you have? The tips are very clean looking.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Thanks, your car looks amazing.
Thanks! :beer:
So you haven't lowered yours at all?
No, my car is lowered. I'm running H&R Race springs with all the stock isolators still in place. These springs (with all the isos) don't give a dramatic drop, but they do get rid of the factory 4x4 look and add a little to the cars handling as well as maintaining a decent ride. I'm really pleased with them.

Have you ever had any issues with your spacers and which did you end up buying?
No issues at all. When the spacers were put on I also picked up some ARP extended lug studs as I didn't trust the extended thread lug nuts that came with my LFP 3/8" hub-centric wheel spacers. Some guys have had the ET lug nuts break off or just come loose. I wasn't going to chance it. The ARP studs are too long to reuse the factory lug nuts so I'm running open end stainless lug nuts. Also, my rear fenders are rolled so the sidewalls rubbing on the inside or outside is no longer an issue.

CobraStuff004.jpg

CobraStuff006.jpg

What exhaust do you have? The tips are very clean looking.
Borla Stingers. :coolman:

dlaude

Established Member
GS-D3s are a wide 315. I had them, then my current NT-05s and the NT-05s weren't quite as wide. I still got the rounded bolt for safety, though the stock bolt cleared it...when the car was sitting still haha. If F1s are the stock tires I personally would not get them, even in a 315, as they stink for traction. I'd look into something else. Tons of threads on here about what tire is good for what the car makes and does, but if you're stock Nitto NT-05s are good price, and will provide good traction for stock power.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Did you need cc plates since drop wasnt much fiveoh?

I honestly don't know as I installed the H&R Race springs and my MM C/C plates all at the same time. I will say that the front tires are wearing perfectly and the guy that did the alignment said the C/C plates made aligning the car a breeze. :thumbsup:

I'd get some if you're on the fence about it.

Black Sex

Established Member
That tire might be a good tire, But IMO its not worth the money. I can buy a set of Nittos for the price of one of those Good-for-a-years.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
That tire might be a good tire, But IMO its not worth the money. I can buy a set of Nittos for the price of one of those Good-for-a-years.

I picked up a brand spankin' new set of 315/35/17 GS-D3's in the Market section for less than what one costs buying them through Tire Rack. :-D

Gotta look for the deals.

Black03svt-2011

Established Member
I hear ya on the cost, but when I bought it the guy had just put a set on. I either have to replace all 4 or look at it as I wont have to buy front tires on the next go around. Thanks again for all the help. I hope to post pics as soon as mine doesnt look like an off-road vehicle.

SSSnake03- What part of kc are you from? I'm 45 min north in St. Joe. Ever had any work done at Supertune? Are they good people to work with?

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member

I agree they are pricey, but I have had the same set for well over 15k miles and 2 cars and they are still going strong! Even after 10-15 burnouts on the street. (short burnouts, around 5-10 seconds)

SSSnake03- What part of kc are you from? I'm 45 min north in St. Joe. Ever had any work done at Supertune? Are they good people to work with?

I am in the Northland, near Gladstone.

I had my car at Supertune a few times, but it's been a LONG time now. I don't know anybody there anymore. I trusted them while I was there because I knew a few of the guys. I have no idea who works there or anything about the shop now...

Users who are viewing this thread