Goodbye Terminator Hello Exploder Sport

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I've been looking at the new Explorers for a while and a couple days ago I finally sold my 03 10th. It certainly was a sad day, I just never drove it. I needed something with more space, more creature comforts, that was also fun to drive.

I went out over the weekend and splurged; got a 2014 fully loaded Explorer Sport. Got it for about $6k below MSRP so based on the market I think I got a steal.

This is the first new car I've ever purchased and the technology alone is unbelievable. Its a wonder the damn thing doesn't drive itself.

The Eco boost is also incredible. Loads of power and hearing those turbos spool is excellent.

I honestly don't know what anyone would settle for a Limited when they could spend a few bucks more and get one of these beasts.

I would highly recommend.

uploadfromtaptalk1396390162075.jpg

Wildman113

Established Member
Nice purchase!! The Explorer Sport is a great SUV, like you said the Ecoboost is definitely worth the extra money.

Too bad you had to sell your 10th though!!

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Nice pickup. I love these things. I did not know they could be had that far below MSRP.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
I agree, I could see owning one down the road for our primary family vehicle - but selling your Terminator for one :??:

Had my Cobra for almost 3 years and put less than 2k miles on it. Living in the mountains it constantly snows.

I just couldn't enjoy it.

I'll drive the Explorer nearly every day.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I have a stock 12 srt8 jeep grand cherokee that can hurt your feelings!

cool story bro.

the 3.5EB is a great engine. throw a tune on it and enjoy. our SHO has been flawless and runs high 13s@101-103 bone stock and get nearly 30MPG on the hwy.

blowngt

Established Member
Outstanding addition.

I just got an XLT for work and was looking for a sport for the wife. Problem is they won't deal much with the sport (still asking for $46k with the 401a package).

I tried truecars.com and got a better quote (just under $42k), so I'm waiting to see how that goes.

What's your initial impression of the 3.5L Ecoboost and how's the fuel mileage been???

I didn't realize it, but they're now offering a 2.0L Ecoboost on the Limited. I would think that would be severely underpowered for the weight of that truck.........

ctgreddy

Established Member
^x2!

I raced my bosses last fall and i believe it's still the only explorer sport in the 12's. With simple bolt ons as well. These ecoboosts wake up with a tune for sure, talking like 30/50 whp/tq with a tune.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I picked up mine in July. I love mine! Congrats and enjoy.

I picked mine up for 4k under msrp. But I was a repeat customer buying multiple mustangs from the same dealer.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I love sitting in these vehicles. So comfortable and the sync just makes you feel like you're at home chillin.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
^x2!

I raced my bosses last fall and i believe it's still the only explorer sport in the 12's. With simple bolt ons as well. These ecoboosts wake up with a tune for sure, talking like 30/50 whp/tq with a tune.

Unless your boss is Ken Bjonnes, that statement is not true. Not saying he's the only one in the 12's, but I know for a fact his went 12's last year.

Users who are viewing this thread