Goodbye Focus ST - Hello 5.0

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
I purchased my ST back in June 2013. I've been a fan of ford and had mustangs/RWD most of my driving life. In 2010 I sold my 2002 Mustang Saleen. This started an import journey that would lead to a few blown motors and a lot of money to fix. Seeing the ST I thought about finally having something brand new and testing it limits eventually. Also it was a chance to come back to Ford. I wanted to see how performance/longevity was on these cars before I started modding. Lets just say i'm disappointed in this car overall. I'm not going to get down into the details, but the ST put a smile on my face for about 1 year.

If/when the RS is released I will be back only if it's AWD.

Reasons why I sold the ST -

piston cracking/chipping at the ringlands - this just scares me cause i'm tired of fixing engines.
Headifold
Front wheel drive - After having AWD/RWD for 14 years I just can't do FWD.
wheel hop - Even after the RMM too much hop.

Reasons I went back to a V8/5.0

Smile back on my face :)
RWD
Dat V8 sound - aftermarket pypes axle back won me over
modding opportunities for great power
more reasons but cant think of them.

So on to the newly acquired 5.0

Its a 2013 6 speed with only 3K miles - Its a plain jane GT just the way I like it - Lightweight version - Got it for 25K from an army guy who is always deployed. Its been sitting under a cover a lot during its 2 year lifespan.

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 5.0.jpg
    5.0.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 392
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 422
  • rear shot.jpg
    rear shot.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 386
  • pypes axle back.jpg
    pypes axle back.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Congrats man I also just bought a 5.0 on Monday. Great car and I can't wait to start modding.

Thanks! My first mods will be wheels/tires/suspension/brembo's. Gotta get this thing planted on the ground cause it doesn't feel anything like my ST.

matt5058

Established Member
Congrats on the new Stang. I dig the white on these cars.

I drove a Focus ST that my friend owns and really liked it. I liked it more than a newer WRX that I drove so if they come with an AWD version, I'd also be looking at one of those for a second car. :)

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Great looking car. I also had a focus st and had lots of mustangs in the past and got back into a 20-4 GT Track pack. Smart move. Now get a shifter bracket if it Dosnt already have it. Also I'll be selling my H&R super sports soon if you are interested.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I purchased my ST back in June 2013. I've been a fan of ford and had mustangs/RWD most of my driving life ... Seeing the ST I thought about finally having something brand new and testing it limits eventually.

Reasons why I sold the ST -
piston cracking/chipping at the ringlands - this just scares me cause i'm tired of fixing engines.

Any car taken past a certain point from OEM is going to have problems. I'd still have my OW 13 ST were it not for the wiring harness issue (no fix at the time of my ownership).

It was a torquey 'lil bugger, had 4 doors, and was good for all year driving in the Northeast. But now that I just retired, I can deal with a 5.0 in the Winter ...

S7300416aaa.jpg

Last edited:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Thanks! My first mods will be wheels/tires/suspension/brembo's. Gotta get this thing planted on the ground cause it doesn't feel anything like my ST.

Congrats on the new ride!!

Just a heads up for ya. My car should be arriving in the next couple weeks and I will be parting it out to sell/trade it in. If your interested in anything I have listed in my sig just let me know since we are only about 3-4 hours away from each other. BTW all my parts have less than a 1000 miles on them since I bought them about 2 months ago and a month of that has been from it shipping from Hawaii to hear.

-Nick

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
... Its a 2013 6 speed with only 3K miles - Its a plain jane GT just the way I like it - Lightweight version - Got it for 25K from an army guy who is always deployed. Its been sitting under a cover a lot during its 2 year lifespan.
Congrats, korizmo! She is a beauty! ;-)

Deysha

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
So I'm trying to figure out if this thing has the 3.73 gears in it. What are the speeds in which i can tell?

It probably doesnt, just want to make sure cause I didnt get to talk to original owner.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
So I'm trying to figure out if this thing has the 3.73 gears in it. What are the speeds in which i can tell?

It probably doesnt, just want to make sure cause I didnt get to talk to original owner.

Peek under the rear bumper and look at the rear diff cover. There should be a white sticker that shows what gear set it has.

-Nick

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member

It probably doesn't, just want to make sure cause I didn't get to talk to original owner.
You're welcome to PM me with your VIN and I can check for you, korizmo.

Deysha

Users who are viewing this thread