tside.jpg

tfront.jpg

trear.jpg

trear1.jpg

tengine.jpg

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Nice Lightning! Congrats on getting it. I like the Ls, but I hear they are bad on gas. But I guess gas mileage isn't really a thought when we buy vehicles like these. :rockon:

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
it's true that i do miss the cobra sometimes, but i think its more of just the LOOK of the mustang. The L is the first vehicle i have ever owned that ISN'T a mustang, it took some getting used to. The power is amazing in the L, a few ricers would tell you the same :D Now i can build my 91LX into a true strip car and just haul it to the track!

Lee

Established Member
I've been told that "L's" are only rated to pull 4000 pounds, and you can easily go over this amount with the car and trailer.

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
i believe it is 5000lbs. With an open trailor and a full race car (i.e. stripped out only weighing ~3000lbs max) i should be fine. a buddy of mine hauls cars with his L....

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
how much faster do you think your L is than the old cobra? I've never even been in a Lightning before so I don't have anything to gauge them on. I'd think it'd be a good race between an L and a geared 96-98 cobra.

Paul

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
it would be a good race between a stock L and a geared cobra from a dig, from a roll the cobra would win. The torque is the feeling i was missing in the cobra, now i have it again.

my only problem so far is i keep reaching for a shifter! lol

Users who are viewing this thread