Goodbye, Cobra....Hello.....

spree

Established Member
2006 Ford Explorer XLT V6.

I traded my Cobra in yesterday. It was hard and it was sad, but she had to go. The dealer couldn't stop raving about how perfect the condition of the paint was (and the funny thing is I hadn't detailed it in several months).

Anyways...I now have an Explorer in Dark Blue Pearl Metallic. Quite a nice color...the pictures didn't turn out too great and I couldn't get any good flake shots, but oh well, I'll get 'em next time. I like the Explorer. Very quiet, comfortable ride and it almost handles like a sedan. Ford definitely did a great job on it.

Products used:

- Wolfgang Clay
- Optimum Polish via PC Polishing Pad
- Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba Blue via PC Finish Pad
- Poorboy's Natty's Blue by hand
- Poorboy's Trim Restorer on trim/bumpers

And on to the pics (I didn't detail the interior yet)...

img_0299.jpg

img_0300.jpg

img_0301.jpg

img_0302.jpg

img_0303.jpg

mcaligiuri

Established Member
i saw a explorer like that today and though those tail lights were aftermarket, lol. looks nice

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
welcome to the club bro, we had to do what we had to do. Nice Explorer and good job on the detail.

spree

Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
x100,000,000 ... (no offense)

none taken...but it's not like I traded the cobra in on a whim. I'm getting married, need to reduce my liabilities so I can qualify for a bigger home loan, and could use a more family oriented car.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I see exactly what you mean spree. I just wish you could have kept the COBRA as well. I hope that when I get married that I can have my cake (the COBRA) & eat it too. Good luck in the upcoming future & congradulations on both the girl & new Explorer man! :beer:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
:beer: SPREE im with you on that. Marriage Changes your life. But a COBRA is a COBRA & when you see a BAD ASS cobra you will ponder & think of what you did. ,...................................

....................... & realize that the trade was worth it. :beer:

:-D

spree

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
Where in los angeles do you live and where did you trade it in? Did you post it for sale on the boards?

Tarzana...I'll tell you where it is if you PM me. And yes, I put it up for sale on the boards.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Well I never thought I would see the day when you got rid of your car Spree! I agree the Explorer's are very nice..and a house is a good idea. One of these days..when I grow up, since I am only 37 now, I 'll buy one! Until then I have a Cobra and an F150..and I could not be happier! I do understand though..and I am sure..later down the road...you will get another Cobra...

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
WHY....WHY GOD WHY.
For real...practicality is nice sometimes, good choice...and I like the color. You'll get another Cobra one day....I'm sure!

Juiced-03

Established Member
Nice ride man. You're going to miss that V8 power though! I've been pondering the idea of getting a Chevy Avalanche. I would like to get a boat next summer and that means I need a truck lol.

Users who are viewing this thread