good tuners in Tx

WhiteSVT

Established Member
hey guys. does anyone know of any good tuners in Tx that have dyno's. someone that i can trust and do good work??

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
PSI Motorsports in Houston is an excellent tuner, but he's a short drive from your location :-D. I drove four plus hours to have him tune my truck.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
PSI Motorsports in Houston is an excellent tuner, but he's a short drive from your location :-D. I drove four plus hours to have him tune my truck.

I highly recomend that shop also since they done almost everything for me. I only have to drive an hour to get to the shop but it's well worth it. Also, HPP or Murrillo Motorsport

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
HPP racing in Lewisville, TX. They specialize in 03-04 cobra's but can do much more. Manny, the owner has a 1000+hp daily driven Terminator....

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
I can't say I've heard much positive feedback about Murillo's Lightning tuning, but he specializes in Mustangs so that explains a lot. I'm a short drive from Murillo's shop and I still chose to drive to PSI.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
PSI Motorsports, soon as I get my blower issue fixed. I am making the 5hr drive to have them tune the truck. The guys at HPP, I would not let them touch my truck other than to make a dyno run. No tuning or anything else. They do good work with mustangs.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Alot of votes for PSI. If I ever pulley mine, I might use them. Are the a L specific shop?

kid

Established Member
My friend took his L to gearheads, and im going to do the same with my cobra. Travis is a good guy and ive known him for a long while. He'll take real good care of u if u dec.. to swing that way.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Alot of votes for PSI. If I ever pulley mine, I might use them. Are the a L specific shop?

They do work on stangs as well. But they have put Chad,ron,scott, and a lot other Lightnings well in to the 11,10,and 9 sec. times at the track.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
They do work on stangs as well. But they have put Chad,ron,scott, and a lot other Lightnings well in to the 11,10,and 9 sec. times at the track.

Wow, I am wanting to do something very minor, 2lb lower, sct tuner/tune. Just want a very safe tune that I wont have to worry about blowing

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Wow, I am wanting to do something very minor, 2lb lower, sct tuner/tune. Just want a very safe tune that I wont have to worry about blowing

They can do it all, from mild to wild. Patrick is one of the best Ford tuners around. They specialize in Ford stuff, Lightnings, Cobras, and all sorts of Mustangs from n/a setups to superchargers and turbos. I looked high and low for a good shop when I first got my Lightning after going through several nightmares at other shops with other vehicles. I used PSI for my tuning right off the bat with my 6# lower and minor bolt ons. My truck ran well and as the mods piled up, it kept exceeding my expectations on the street and the track. Now I'm in the middle of an 88mm turbo build up. If you decide to use PSI for mods and/or tuning, you won't be disappointed.

Damn my truck has come a long way lol.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Another vote here for PSI.

It's a great group of guys down there. I've taken my truck to them on several occasions, two trips where Pat and I would go over my truck looking for something (when something went wrong and I couldn't put my finger on it), find the problem, show me what I could do, and sometimes fix the problem on the spot (including a few parts here and there), and he wouldn't charge me a dime.

Black bullet

Established Member
Henderson performance in new bransfuls. the man knows his stuff, and the driveability is awsome, he really takes his time to make it right, Now as for Murillo, I use to work for him, He does really good on makeing power and alot of it but all the tunes are set to kill mode. driveability not so good though. pick your choice kill or nice daily driver????

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Henderson performance in new bransfuls. the man knows his stuff, and the driveability is awsome, he really takes his time to make it right, Now as for Murillo, I use to work for him, He does really good on makeing power and alot of it but all the tunes are set to kill mode. driveability not so good though. pick your choice kill or nice daily driver????

+1 on Henderson Performance - great people and know how to tune it right.

Bird

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
HPP racing in Lewisville, TX. They specialize in 03-04 cobra's but can do much more. Manny, the owner has a 1000+hp daily driven Terminator....

DO NOT take your Lightning to Manny. Your mustang, yes. And yes there is a difference in tuning the two.

Since your closer to Houston, take it to Patrick, He will do you right, if your going with the SCT programmer. If your going to use a different programmer, I know a few guys closer to you.

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread