Good Tuner in SW Ohio

lee4him

Established Member
I just finished up my Cobra build and am in dire need of a good tune. A fellow SVTPer recommended Precision Auto-sports here in Dayton. Anyone have any insight on them? They specialize with the SCT tuner so thats a good thing. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated

lee4him

Established Member
They're located about 90 minutes away, any intel on them? I'd like to stay close but am willing to travel if the tuner is worth it.

BLK93GT

Established Member
They're located about 90 minutes away, any intel on them? I'd like to stay close but am willing to travel if the tuner is worth it.

He has tuned alot of cars, maybe just try searching under LaSota on here. I know he also tuned Nazman's radical NA beast.

Silver03Termi

Established Member
I just finished up my Cobra build and am in dire need of a good tune. A fellow SVTPer recommended Precision Auto-sports here in Dayton. Anyone have any insight on them? They specialize with the SCT tuner so thats a good thing. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated

im getting a Precision tune this week. Jeff has a mechanical engineering degree and really knows how to tune cobras. He just moved and got his dyno up and running last week. did you get your tune yet? what all mods did you do?

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Adam at Cincy Speed is good with the Terminators 513 821 2221. $125 an hour, a couple hours should do ya.
Modular Depot in Cincy/N.KY is good, only use Ken, but you better have deep pockets. They can bend you over a stump :bored:

Last edited:

gatty1303

Established Member
x2 on cincy speed...thats where i had mine tuned and im very happy with it...adam there is great....modular depot is also good and i believe they are located in alexandria, kentucky now?? they were in blue ash, ohio but i think they relocated....give cincy speed a call they know their stuff

dover

vettekiller
Established Member
Not sure how far he is but LaSota Racing is in OH and a great tuner.

I can agree with this Don and Rob are great guys who will no doubt give the best safe and reliable tune.

I am not a big fan of Precision to say the least. :nonono:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
dyno tune motorsports. 614 778 8984

brian is the owner, great guy and knows his stuff. i have been impressed by him. he is out of the columbus area.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I've had all my work done at Paul's Automotive Engineering in Cincinatti, OH. I believe he has one of the best shops on the East Coast! Paul is a Mechanical Engineer and has been running his own shop for over 25yrs. He was the 2008 Nasa American Iron Extreme National Champion, running his highly modified mustang. He also built the fastest NMRA Super Street Outlaw car in the country.........running 7.71@193mph. I initially took my Cobra there back in '04 for my pulley swap and tune and I've been going there ever since. I'm having Paul's do my Whipple install in a few weeks and i'll happily drive almost 5 hours to have his shop work on my car, these guys are real pros, NO BS!

check out their website: Paul's Automotive Home Page

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Nice numbers what mods do you have in place and how many hours were you on the dyno?

mods are in sig. basically gen 1 2.3l whipple, supporting mods, and 17psi. 1 hour. 125$. he really knows these cars though so they dont take him a long time to tune. he tuned my car when it had the eaton and 2.76. he told me if i had any problems to come back and hed help me out. hes always at the track when i go to, every time i see him he asks me how the car is running and remembers my name. ill post the graphs when he emails them to me.

he said 600 could be attained with a lower pulley, or race gas and more timing. we could have added another degree as well. at 17* it was 555hp, at 18* it was 570hp, so 19* would have been a little over 580hp, i wanted to keep it safe though.

i understand that there are always gonna be unsatisfied customers, and you always hear about the negative more than the positive. from the encounters ive had with jeff, hes been great. a lot of other guys i know go to him as well. he tuned one of the fastest LS1 street cars around, even though hes a ford guy. i give him props, and i could line up 10 more guys that give him props too.

lee4him, if you decide to go get a tune from him, let me know, we could hook up and ill go with ya?

MWoods26

Established Member
+1 for Pauls. But you really better have deep pockets. They did a full resto on my dads 69 Mach 1 in the early/mid 90s. It is by far one of the nicest 69 Mach 1s in the land. The mag it was in is hanging in Pauls lobby. Anything I have ever seen from that shop was simply top notch work. I also have to say that the owner before me of the 04 cobra I bought last year had it tuned by Adam at Cincy Speed and I have no complaints. I DD the car and it is a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread