Good time at the track

aksvt

Established Member
Finally broke down and took the Shelby to the drag strip, had fun and even won a few bucks with a runner up finish in the e/t money bracket. Some of you may know or have seen my vid in my sig of my drag car that i race in a points series here in Alaska at Alaska raceway park. I won with that car last week but also had an issue with it in the final round and its time to freshen up the engine so i thought i would play with the Shelby yesterday. I am a IHRA licensed drag racer but not experienced in a manual transmission car that doesn't dead hook off the line, it was a little challenging but was happy with the results.

Mods are 13-6 with 10% on 93 tune, Vans BMR package kit with pro kit springs, widened Alcoas with toyo r888's.

Note the low mph on my best pass of 11.29 @ 122, that pass was in the finals of a bracket race and i caught and passed the slower car by over a car length and lifted well before the stripe (and still broke out). I scrubbed about 8mph off of my trap speed that pass so i am guessing if i didn't lift it was probably pretty close to getting in to the 10's?
Scan1_zps6c5ac9fb.gif

paluka21

Established Member
Nice MPH and 60's are pretty decent for Toyo R888 tires. What kind of hp/tq are you dynoing at? I would be shocked if your car isn't capable of high 10's, such as 10.8's or 10.7's with a little more practice.

aksvt

Established Member
Never had it on the dyno, we only have one in the area and I haven't been able to get it scheduled. The owner of the shop only seems to dyno there own build projects and never has dyno time for anyone else.
With the 13-6 and 10% pulley and oem exhaust it's probably close to 700rwhp but that's just a guess.

paluka21

Established Member
Never had it on the dyno, we only have one in the area and I haven't been able to get it scheduled. The owner of the shop only seems to dyno there own build projects and never has dyno time for anyone else.
With the 13-6 and 10% pulley and oem exhaust it's probably close to 700rwhp but that's just a guess.

Understood about the dyno. I sometimes wonder what the A/F ratio looks like on a dyno with the mail order tunes and how the timing curves are setup, as well as max timing. I assume that when ordering a 13-6 kit ( depending on the options ) there are template tunes used for all cars and an assortment of 13-6 options.
Anyways, good mph again, and I'm willing to bet that car can easily be in the 10's with harder launches and practice especially at an estimated 700rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread