Good T/O bearing to go with...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
ordered up an 03 Cobra clutch today but wondering whats a good t/o bearing to slap on with it? OEM? BCA? Timkin?Ive heard a buncha different brands but never heard of them other than OEM so I figured id just ask what you guys are running? I believe im currently running an OEM right now and its making noises that my cat and dogs make when fighting over who goes thru the door first...

tried a search, but, heh, failed miserably obviously. Got annoyed having to wait on the longest 60 seconds of my life between each search too...:bored:

svtcobra041

Established Member
I put in a spec clutch and used there t/o bearing and i have had nothing but problems i also hear that oem is best

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I haven't had any problems w/my OEM TOB. I used high temp synthetic grease on the bearing retainer sleeve and it's "smooth, like buttah!" (that would make my sister-in-law smile). Anyway, it's been a couple of years since I installed my 03/04 clutch, Fidanza Al flywheel, and supporting stuff and no noises yet. Just a side note -- when I called Tousley Ford, they had an FRPP TOB & Ford TOB and he recommended the Ford TOB since it had a warrantee and the FRPP didn't. I'm guessing it's the same bearing though.

mystical

Established Member
Timkin or Valeo. My OEM was singing like the birds at 10K miles. D&D in MI suggested a heavy duty Valeo. Put that in and silent ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread