good site for Civil War pictures

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Too many to post, lots of good ones in the link. Original Civil War photographs

The only Civil War site I've ever gone to (I lived on it) was Jonesboro Ga which is just about 20 miles or so south of Atlanta, my old hometown. I used to play as a kid in the Yankee trenches they dug out way back then.

I've heard people tell me when they visit places like Gettysburg, they get a deep erie type of feeling of sorrow or something. Anyone else ever experience this or at any other old battle ground site? :shrug:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Too many to post, lots of good ones in the link. Original Civil War photographs

The only Civil War site I've ever gone to (I lived on it) was Jonesboro Ga which is just about 20 miles or so south of Atlanta, my old hometown. I used to play as a kid in the Yankee trenches they dug out way back then.

I've heard people tell me when they visit places like Gettysburg, they get a deep erie type of feeling of sorrow or something. Anyone else ever experience this or at any other old battle ground site? :shrug:

antidium gives you a strange feeling like that when you find out that big trench looking thing is where they stacked dead bodys...

1fasO3CobraVert

Bitten
Established Member
Absolutely, try Sharpsburg, MD (Antietam) at night. I used to have to drive through Sharpsburg to get to work. At night that place has a vibe like no other. It is very erie and you get a heavy feeling. If you take a drive on Sharpsburg Pike or Shepardstown Pike, take it at night and stop at one of the many points in or close to the battlefield. Turn off your car/truck and listen, you might just here something in the faint wind. Sharpsburg is relatively small and very rurul still, so alot of the battlefield is not disturbed, unlike Manassas, VA.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
have you ever dug up anything?

I didn't but my friends father found a Yankee bullet/musket of some sort, forget what it looks like since I was a kid when he found it.

My nephews friend rode across a "Yankee Cannon Bullet" as a Civil War artifacts collector called it. It was about 10" long & shaped like a regulae bullet.
It was rusty but was found at an excavation site.

94venomV8

Established Member
Thanks for sharing very cool pics. I cant believe how clear some of them are.

Users who are viewing this thread