good shops in NJ

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
So does anybody know a reputable mustang suspension shop?

You're gonna mess with that suspension? Rob @ Rob's Performance did my coil over front end. 973-450-4505. Or ask whoever you chose to do the tuning/mod work. Either they will do it or send you to the right place. :beer:

BTW, where in NJ are you? I'd love to see your Boss!

ihatepotholes

Established Member
You're gonna mess with that suspension? Rob @ Rob's Performance did my coil over front end. 973-450-4505. Or ask whoever you chose to do the tuning/mod work. Either they will do it or send you to the right place. :beer:

BTW, where in NJ are you? I'd love to see your Boss!

yes i am :D. thanks for the recommendation, i will definitely give him a call. looking to upgrade to FRP's upcoming boss specified springs, MM camber plates, either an adjustable panhard bar or a Watts link. i am in Manalapan, but i am all over jersey. where are you from? Im down for a mustang meet :beer:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I'm in North Arlington. About 10 minutes from Giants/Jets Stadium. Funny, I was by you yesterday. Drove the wife to a baby shower at the Battleground Country Club. Rob's Performance is about 5 minutes from my house so I could always meet you there and introduce you. And we can definitely meet up when spring hits.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
I'm in North Arlington. About 10 minutes from Giants/Jets Stadium. Funny, I was by you yesterday. Drove the wife to a baby shower at the Battleground Country Club. Rob's Performance is about 5 minutes from my house so I could always meet you there and introduce you. And we can definitely meet up when spring hits.

haha Battleground CC is literally 5 mintues from me. yeah, we can definitely meet up at Rob's. as soon as FRP release the springs i will go there. Do you know Chelsea from Rob's? i exchanged msg with her on NJstangers.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
haha Battleground CC is literally 5 mintues from me. yeah, we can definitely meet up at Rob's. as soon as FRP release the springs i will go there. Do you know Chelsea from Rob's? i exchanged msg with her on NJstangers.

Of course I know her. She runs the shop office and knows her stuff. She has a mean '91 GT. Tell her the crew from Arlington Pizza sent you! :beer:

ESP Cobra

Established Member
You're gonna mess with that suspension?

Yeah, that was my first thought.

Congrats on your new Boss! By brother picked up a YB Boss last year and a friend has a black LS. Amazing cars.

Just curious what your plans are for the car, as they are quite capable (as you may know) right out of the box. And I'm talking about open track events vs 1/4 mile drags. IF HPDE events were your major interest, before I wouldn't dump any major money into the suspension, I would invest in seat time, better tires, and better pads/brake fluid, in that order. With that said, you probably can have a blast with nothing added.

Sorry for the subject hi-jack.

Back to the original question. I'm actually in the same boat, looking for a tuner for my '96. A friend of a friend had his GT500 tuned at Crazy House Customs in Monmouth Junction. He was very happy with the results and I was very surprised to here the tuner was Jimmy LaRocca. I had no idea he was still in the tuning scene, as I hadn't heard much about him since he closed shop in Old Bridge years ago. Anyone else tried them/him?

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Yeah, that was my first thought.

Congrats on your new Boss! By brother picked up a YB Boss last year and a friend has a black LS. Amazing cars.

Just curious what your plans are for the car, as they are quite capable (as you may know) right out of the box. And I'm talking about open track events vs 1/4 mile drags. IF HPDE events were your major interest, before I wouldn't dump any major money into the suspension, I would invest in seat time, better tires, and better pads/brake fluid, in that order. With that said, you probably can have a blast with nothing added.

Sorry for the subject hi-jack.

Back to the original question. I'm actually in the same boat, looking for a tune
r for my '96. A friend of a friend had his GT500 tuned at Crazy House Customs in Monmouth Junction. He was very happy with the results and I was very surprised to here the tuner was Jimmy LaRocca. I had no idea he was still in the tuning scene, as I hadn't heard much about him since he closed shop in Old Bridge years ago. Anyone else tried them/him?

Jimmy LaRocca is a legend in NJ but I feel like he is a little too removed from the modular game compared to JDM or Kevin Hand. Now if it's a Fox with a 5.0 then he is definitely the man to see.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
thanks for the concern guys. i will not be dumping major bucks into the suspension. springs, camber plates and adj panhard. i feel a little bit more of negative camber can help the handling. the car's center of gravity is kinda high, the body roll is a bit much for my liking. i'd like it lowered a bit to eliminate the body roll and some of the brake dive. i will probably mount 265 up front and 295 in the rear.

after the suspension, i will probably go with Kook's long tube, H pipes and Corsa extreme axle back. hopefully, i'll go with wicked or JDM for a dyno tune. that's the plan so far.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
Go with Kevin of Wicked/Sansone or JDM. Those two are the benchmark in NJ. I don't know about installs and parts fabrication @ Sansone, but the head mechanic @ JDM is very skilled and knowledgeable. I say call or go to both of those and pick the one you feel most comfortable with. Bringing more shops into the equation will just make choosing more confusing.

Im certified welder, do a ton of fab work, have mig, tig, and plasma on premises.

Hope we can hook up and do some business. Let me know. Take care.

CM5878

Established Member
I remember when laroccas was around, everyone swore by jim to tune and build there cars. I believe he has or had his own shop, but also wound up getting sick?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Jimmy LaRocca is a legend in NJ but I feel like he is a little too removed from the modular game compared to JDM or Kevin Hand. Now if it's a Fox with a 5.0 then he is definitely the man to see.

Really, Jimmy Larocca is "too far removed from the modular game?" Ever heard of L&M Air Flow? As in the L&M throttle body that is one of the most popular in the GT500 world? Don't fool yourself, he's still a legend and still very good at what he does.

Users who are viewing this thread