good shops in NJ

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Hey guys, just bought my first mustang. All my previous experience came from evo, 350/370z and m3s. So I have no knowledge about my new car. Can anybody recommend a reputable shop in NJ that specialize in mustangs? Thanks a bunch.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
There is a thread on this already in this section. Page 2. Careful tho, the opinions get heated. I used JDM before. Great work and tuning, but it's gonna cost you $$$$$. For work but no dyne tuning, there is a good guy in Belleville. Rob's Performance.

+3 Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports and Sansone Ford. We have way too many hacks in the NY/NJ area but Kevin and Sansone aren't among them. Kevin is one of the best tuners in America and treats each car like its his own.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
+3 Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports and Sansone Ford. We have way too many hacks in the NY/NJ area but Kevin and Sansone aren't among them. Kevin is one of the best tuners in America and treats each car like its his own.

This is the impression he has left with me after our emails.

This is the impression he has left with me after our emails.

I believe you'll come away as impressed with him as I was. :beer: He's tuned my car twice. I'll be headed back for a third tune shortly for my headers and Posi port.

Last edited:

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help. I will give jdm and wicked motorsport a call. I tried to post pictures but looks like they don't allow me to do so.

In the past I've ran into many crooks in nj. It seemed like every shop is out to hustle you. I don't mind paying more as long as the quality of the work is top notch. Unfortunately they all stink at what they are doing. Except Sean Ivey's Ivey tuning in linden. Hopefully, jdm or wicked will be good.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help. I will give jdm and wicked motorsport a call. I tried to post pictures but looks like they don't allow me to do so.

In the past I've ran into many crooks in nj. It seemed like every shop is out to hustle you. I don't mind paying more as long as the quality of the work is top notch. Unfortunately they all stink at what they are doing. Except Sean Ivey's Ivey tuning in linden. Hopefully, jdm or wicked will be good.

Hmmm...let me guess the bad...Crazy Horse? I have heard nightmare stories of that place since 2002.

Never went there myself but not once have I heard a good review. How they managed to stay in business is baffling to me. :shrug:

They do good work on somethings but not on others. The owner Chris is a nice guy. I believe they've gone to southern Jersey and are modifying Beemers and Audis other imports now.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
They do good work on somethings but not on others. The owner Chris is a nice guy. I believe they've gone to southern Jersey and are modifying Beemers and Audis other imports now.

+1 on some guys I know saying Chris is a good guy. Maybe the switch will be good for him since the number high quality tuners for mustangs in NJ has increased the last few years.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Hmmm...let me guess the bad...Crazy Horse? I have heard nightmare stories of that place since 2002.

no, this is my first american car so i don't have any previous experiences with mustang shops. i was talking about TurboTrix in highland park.

how is evolution performance compare to JDM? they are an hour and half from me. i don't mind traveling further for good work and customer service.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
There is a guy close by me, Alfredo of Valley Performance. He might very well be a mustang genius, especially with fox bodies but personal demons haunt him and hurt his business. That's why I mentioned Rob of Rob's Performance. He was with Alfredo since a young kid and learned the "mustang craft" well. He went out on his own mainly due to the issues surrounding Alfredo. Alfredo could "tune" a car w/o a dyno and was pretty spot on once said cars made it to a dyno.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I've been trying to get my car to Kevin for over a month now. He's just so damn busy, unfortunately. I'm gonna wait it out though, as I feel he's the best guy for the job.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
no, this is my first american car so i don't have any previous experiences with mustang shops. i was talking about TurboTrix in highland park.

how is evolution performance compare to JDM? they are an hour and half from me. i don't mind traveling further for good work and customer service.

Go with Kevin of Wicked/Sansone or JDM. Those two are the benchmark in NJ. I don't know about installs and parts fabrication @ Sansone, but the head mechanic @ JDM is very skilled and knowledgeable. I say call or go to both of those and pick the one you feel most comfortable with. Bringing more shops into the equation will just make choosing more confusing.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
Go with Kevin of Wicked/Sansone or JDM. Those two are the benchmark in NJ. I don't know about installs and parts fabrication @ Sansone, but the head mechanic @ JDM is very skilled and knowledgeable. I say call or go to both of those and pick the one you feel most comfortable with. Bringing more shops into the equation will just make choosing more confusing.

thank you :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread