Good racing sim? Forza 7, Project cars 2....

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Looking for one good game...not into need for speed at all...too arcade for me. It looks like there are different forza's out now and I'm not sure whats what. btw I just got the Logitech g920 wheels with the shifter so I can play it with a full set up.

any advice?

Recon

Established Member
I like Forza 7. I’d say it’s more realistic in terms of the grip of the tires compared to Forza 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I like Forza 7. I’d say it’s more realistic in terms of the grip of the tires compared to Forza 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd stick with Forza. The difference between the two titles is Forza motorsports is track racing, while Forza Horizon is open world driving/street racing with car meets and cruising (LOL online car cruising right?).
Most Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, plus a shit ton of Ford cars too.

BTW, if you buy the digital copy of Forza 7, you can play on XB1 and a Win 10 PC.

rdvenom99

Established Member
I have Assetto Corsa, Forza 7, Project cars 2, Dirt Rally, and Automobilista with the G920/shifter setup. IMO Project cars 2 is the best of that bunch with Assetto Corsa close behind. Forza is to arcadey for my tastes but still pretty fun and has the Shelby GT350R.

blk02edge

Established Member
Forza 7 on full simulation is their most accurate sim yet, Assetto has slightly better physics buy lacks track selection. Ive never tried project cars

Kiohtee

Established Member
Pretty good recommendations in here. I'll add iRacing to the list though, which is head and shoulders above anything on this list. However, it's a PC exclusive, subscription-based and usually too realistic for most. It also gets pricey when graduating to the upper classes and you're forced to purchase additional vehicles/tracks or miss an entire week (plus) of racing.

But as @Zemedici can attest, it's actually a hell of a show to watch. Gotta be on point and hit your marks, otherwise your race is done. All real people, no restarts or anything like that. It's actually what the real guys themselves, F1 and NASCAR alike, use for practice.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Pretty good recommendations in here. I'll add iRacing to the list though, which is head and shoulders above anything on this list. However, it's a PC exclusive, subscription-based and usually too realistic for most. It also gets pricey when graduating to the upper classes and you're forced to purchase additional vehicles/tracks or miss an entire week (plus) of racing.

But as @Zemedici can attest, it's actually a hell of a show to watch. Gotta be on point and hit your marks, otherwise your race is done. All real people, no restarts or anything like that. It's actually what the real guys themselves, F1 and NASCAR alike, use for practice.

sounds good, but I can't invest that amount of time or give that type of commitment to it. I work full, a director on a board, in grad school and help with a volunteer service to help people learn to read at a 3rd grade level. I'll be a casual user at best. Sounds Like Forza 7 may be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread