good price for 99 GT

eman347

Established Member
im looking at buying a 99 yellow GT it has about 50k on the car and 20k on the motor, cobra front seats, cobra brakes rousch body kit, Vortec s-trim. also has cobra wheels with brand new rubber all the way around. would prolly get a spare 4.6, set of cobra R wheels with rubber as well...what do you think is a good price for this car, the owner is a good friend of mine but ive never gotten into the mod motor cars and wanted some input on the value of it.

car make about 420 hp and is very well maintained

any advise would be cool!

SpectorV

Established Member
look up the KBB value and then decide how much the mods are worth to you. Generally speaking mods dont raise the value of the car... but if you are into modifying and you know how the car has been taken care of....

White96

Established Member
The problem with selling cars like that is its only worth that price for someone looking to buy something like it. I would ask for 14K if the car is in good condition

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Do you have any more specifics concerning the motor. 16K seems steep for a 2000 GT with 50K. If the motor is something other than stock, which it sounds like it is, then it may be worth more than what KBB tells you.
Go to KBB.com and see what it says......

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Id say probably around 12k or. It doesn't have a forged motor, so basically its a time bomb with that blower on it.

eman347

Established Member
03snake said:
Do you have any more specifics concerning the motor. 16K seems steep for a 2000 GT with 50K. If the motor is something other than stock, which it sounds like it is, then it may be worth more than what KBB tells you.
Go to KBB.com and see what it says......

other then the vortec s trim theres nothing else motor wise done to the car. just low miles on the motor

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Just make sure the tune is good on it...I didn't for a while and found out about the shitty tune or should I say no tune on it. The car was in immaculate shape with no scratches, dings, and picked it up with 12K miles on it. The motor blew about 7 months later to the date after I picked it up. But it's running damn good now. Just my bank account isn't. :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread