Good performance shops in Arkansas?

CobraGirl03

Blonde with Brains
Established Member
I am about to purchase some parts for my Cobra. 2.76 billetflow pulleys, throttle body, and gears. Also POSSIBLY an IRS brace, to help that DAMN wheel hop (a huge weakness in our cars :( ), a steeda CAI and a diablo superchip.

Most of all, I'm looking for a dyno and tune.. where is the best place in Arkansas for that? What are your experiences with the shops here?

Feedback is appreciated!! :-D Thanks!

Last edited:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Dont bother looking for one in arkansas.....the closest place is springfield.Mo....thats where i have my trunk dyno tuned....Matt with the KB L has tuned thre also....as far as putting the parts on we can do that....If you get smaller than a 2.80 upper you will need to grind down the blower snout to make it fit.....You also need a hand held tunner....Diablo Sport....or SCT....everybody I know tunes with a diablo......Here is a link to Dave's shop.....www.InjectedRacing.com.......shoot him a email about your car and make sure you tell Him that Cheyenne and Matt refured you to him......Cheyenne......also ask Christian about him....

CobraGirl03

Blonde with Brains
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
Dont bother looking for one in arkansas.....the closest place is springfield.Mo....thats where i have my trunk dyno tuned....Matt with the KB L has tuned thre also....as far as putting the parts on we can do that....If you get smaller than a 2.80 upper you will need to grind down the blower snout to make it fit.....You also need a hand held tunner....Diablo Sport....or SCT....everybody I know tunes with a diablo......Here is a link to Dave's shop.....www.InjectedRacing.com.......shoot him a email about your car and make sure you tell Him that Cheyenne and Matt refured you to him......Cheyenne......also ask Christian about him....

Springfield? Are you serious? I'm going to have to take a few days off just to go get my car tuned. Dang.. didn't realize good shops like that were that far away. Cheyenne, do you know of anyone else that is wanting a tune? If anyone is planning on going up there within the next month or so, I'd love me some company. :-D

I just sent Dave an email. Probably looking around mid or late October for the tune.

Thanks! :burnout:

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
CobraGirl03 said:
I am about to purchase some parts for my Cobra. 2.76 billetflow pulleys, throttle body, and gears. Also POSSIBLY an IRS brace, to help that DAMN wheel hop (a huge weakness in our cars :( ), a steeda CAI and a diablo superchip.

Most of all, I'm looking for a dyno and tune.. where is the best place in Arkansas for that? What are your experiences with the shops here?

Feedback is appreciated!! :-D Thanks!

an IRS brace isnt going to do jack for the wheelhop. All it does is strengthen your IRS cover for hard launches and help it keep from breaking from the wheelhop/hard launches. if you want to stop or reduce wheelhop then you are going to have to invest in some decent tires and suspension parts. as for a tune...cheyenne and some of the L crew have a pretty good guy they use....buy a predator and take it to him to use.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I will need a new tune due to a KB blower in the next few months. Its not a bad drive up to springfield about 3 hours....Look at the JLT CAI, and billetflow for the pullies and billetflow for the IRS brace.....Then look for either a nitto DR, or BFG DR to help with the wheel hop. The nitto 555r's will give you better mileage and last longer, but the BFG's have better traction.

www.truecoldair.com
www.billetflow.com

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I also will be needing to head to the tuner, For I also aquired some go fast goodies. Mid Oct. may work for me. I should be getting my parts this week (I hope). Just let me know so we can have a little Arkensaw convoy.

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
JLT rocks and biletflow does too in my opinion. also i loved the BFG drags that i had....no more wheelhop and good launches!

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Im going to be looking for a new tune before long also. Anyone wanna guess why? :D IF we could get some people in , we might be able to talk Dave into coming down. Or he may be coming down to tune mine, and he might do some others.

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
When Cheyenne and I went to springfield, dave told us that if we could get a few guys together to drive up for a dyno tune, he would cut us a break. I would also like to have mine tuned. It would be a good excuse for a cruise to Springfield to hang out with some MO guys from the borad. Cheyenne and I posted up in their forum once and they said to come on up, they would make us feel at home.

I got mine from this company in the link below. Cheapest place I could find to get it, and I had it within two days.

fox-performance on Ebay

Last edited:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
If he comes down how would he dyno tune our cars? He would need a dyno wouldn't he :shrug:

Polk has a dyno. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that he has tuned on their dyno before.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
If he comes down how would he dyno tune our cars? He would need a dyno wouldn't he :shrug:

Polk has a dyno, got it in the ground in the new shop week before last. I think Polk is trying to talk to him right now for work on my truck. Dave's in Vegas for the next week anyway, so dont even bother calling him until next Monday

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The shop in Memphis is run by members of the SVTOA club up there. Polk doesn't have any tuning equipment for the Cobra, so you'd have to bring your own. I was thinking of heading to MO to get my blower ported and tuned, so I might be willing to make a trip with a group up there sometime.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
How much does he charge for a tune? Can anyone give me a ball park figure? it wil be for a 4lb lower, cai, pred. If I do the tank in the bed mod will i need anything special tune wise for that to max. my hp?

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
How much does he charge for a tune? Can anyone give me a ball park figure? it wil be for a 4lb lower, cai, pred. If I do the tank in the bed mod will i need anything special tune wise for that to max. my hp?

If you are talking about Dave@Injected Racing, I believe his standard rate is $200. I dont remember for sure, Cheyenne might have a little better idea. And for the other question about the tank in the bed, no you dont have to do anythign different. Although I did find my truck was for the first time running a little lean and adding timing. The files I logged had the afr over 12.0:1 at some points, and added up to a max of 20 degrees of timing. My advice is, when you start running the cooler in the bed, run better fuel. Thats always a good idea anyway.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
200 is what I payed for my dyno tune.....but we might be able to swap programmers for a small fee....no treal sure about that yet....

haulbalz

Established Member
go to tulsa dyno, in tulsa ok. call chris to get an apointment. They are AWESOME, just did my car and i noticed a hell of a difference. 19185191969

Users who are viewing this thread