Good Opp for 99-01 Black Cobra in Texas?? LOOK INSIDE!!

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Just Threatening My CAR LOL

Slept on it.... And She has redeemed herself to a point....

Still takin her in to get appraised

Wish me luck!!

Last edited:

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Didnt you just have the engine built fotr this car? Why ya giving up now after putting so much into it. If its for financial reason I could understand that but just to Quit? What gives! :dw:

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
I turn the Key on to cycle everything and it works fine, go throw the 5 flashs for 5k rpms then 5 flashs for 500 (Set at 5500 rpms)

did you put a stock 5.0 motor in it while we weren't looking?

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
shut up....Oh Congrads on TOP 25 at FFW MEET!!!

Im testing stuff and to get to 6500 on the roads where i live, Id be CRAZY.... I re wired the Raptor, and its working now, but now my Aftermarket gauges are flickering... Ill trouble shot that later...

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
shut up....Oh Congrads on TOP 25 at FFW MEET!!!

Im testing stuff and to get to 6500 on the roads where i live, Id be CRAZY.... I re wired the Raptor, and its working now, but now my Aftermarket gauges are flickering... Ill trouble shot that later...

I'm just giving you a hard time, but they wouldn't put the stock rev limiter at 7050 if it wasn't meant to turn some RPM. Mine shift light's at 6800 which seems to be right about perfect for an 03-04 Mach 1 engine.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Ok, heres my question then whats with all the worries about the cast crank spinning over 6800.... I mean If Im safely Tuned with a fat A/F as you've all seen)
Im ok to spin the biotch to 6800 and go.

I changed some stuff out today, Inline fuel filter, Fuel injector cleaner, Oil Change (still running 5w20 Valvoline) Added some octane booster to make sure my wasnt running bad batch of fuel (never know nowadays).
The car runs great.... Still smoking a little (? - 656 miles now how much longer).. I had fun toying with a Gxsr today ran him from 45- 130 on George Bush Expressway had him for a bit then he got me up top plus I was a little worried about going any faster for a bit...
Well till the next RANT

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
Ok, heres my question then whats with all the worries about the cast crank spinning over 6800.... I mean If Im safely Tuned with a fat A/F as you've all seen)
Im ok to spin the biotch to 6800 and go.

Who said not to spin a cast crank over 6800? Did you read that somewhere on here?

Users who are viewing this thread