good old virginia

BLK_VNM

Established Member
took the car for emissions and safety today. i was nervous about emissions since the slp o/r pipe eliminates the 2nd set of o2 sensors ( i had just welded in some spun cats tho). the guy passed me on emissions tho so all was well there.

then for safety which i didnt think i would have any issues with. well he came out and failed me for emissions cause my headlights were to bright in his words. so either its part of virginias new crap laws they put in to effect in july or he just wanted to rag on me for something.

either way those who are putting in the hid headlights and fog lights be warned you need to switch in your factory bulbs before getting safety done or else you will fail.

:thumbsup: for virginia :bash:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
alot of state inspectors will get on sort of power trips, because they have some authority over something.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
ya regardless just figured id throw the warning out for anyone thinking of installing the hid's or has an inspection comming up and already has the hid's installed.

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
Just FYI this is not a VA law. That is a inspector being a D I C K. There is nothing in the VA code that says you can't own these headlights.

I say pay another $15 and go to another shop.

This is brought to you by your local law enforcement MACA member :)

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
SVT VNM's rules of inspection:

1. Get a young kid that likey the Cobra!
2. DON'T get a douchebag toolbox who thinks he can tell you your clutch is going - "No idiot, I just adjusted it, nice try, I'll pass on the you need a new clutch blowjob"
3. Roll those windows down, AKA put the vert top down :)
4. Keep it nice and low-ered
5. Clear corners?! Those have yellow bulbs in them!

Well that works for me at least...I will be hitting up the local Exxon that hooks it up later this week, and I'm going to tape the line to put the god damn inspection sticker on myself - IT WILL BE STRAIGHT! IT WILL!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Here in Talbot County, Maryland (Eastern Shore) there are no inspections or tests. Off go the cats on goes the X pipe and have a nice day.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
SVT-VNM said:
Well that works for me at least...I will be hitting up the local Exxon that hooks it up later this week, and I'm going to tape the line to put the god damn inspection sticker on myself - IT WILL BE STRAIGHT! IT WILL!
You have to have a STICKER?!

I thought those things on VA cars were the tax stickers!

BLK_VNM

Established Member
they feel the need for multiple stickers on our poor windshields. im waiting for the banner that says i paid xxxx taxs this year on time. or my last speeding ticket will someday fix this road. lol

you know the funny thing about the shop i went to. they seemed easy going at first cause they didnt even take off the wheels or look at my brakes which i thought was odd but wasnt complaining which is why it was such a big shock to see that reject sticker. plus pink just stands out so much on a shiny zinc yellow car.

Users who are viewing this thread