good news!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
I've got the car pretty much buttoned up. Its all wired up and have listened to the radio and all that.

a friend of mine is coming over tonight after work to help me put the transmission in.

I'm waiting on a valve cover bolt to come in and it should be in tomorrow. Once i go pick that up i'll be able to prime the motor and start the break in procedure as long as everything else is good.

I had one question - what is the best way to add coolant to a completely dry system? I assume the crossover tube....but i want to make sure to not get any air bubbles in there

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Are you using a TKO/3550 in your car? If you are I'm curious how you have your crossmember bolted in and the mount. Seems like lots of people are using washers to space the mount 1/4" from the crossmember to make up for the exhaust hanger plate that needs to be removed. If you're not running a TKO then disregard this.

IIRC, for 4.6s, that is how you fill the coolant system. The crossover tube with the front of the car jacked up so air can escape.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
yeah, i'm running a TKO500. I run the PHP adapter with a D/S spacer and nothing else. The crossmember is in the stock location.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
just poor it in the reg.way. till its full.then run it idle for a min.shut offf. it will go down poor more in..check it when u run at idle the second time. .then when it cools off poor more in!if it needs it. thats the way i always done it all the air bubbles will go away when u poor it in slow with the cap open it will bubble and u will seee.good luck!

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
got the transmission in last night. man i'm so close. i'm like a giddy little school girl.

My friend is welding some heat sheilds to my hpipe so i can pass visual inspection.

I'm waiting on a valve cover bolt and then i'm going to fire this beeeotch up!

my car looks like a 4x4. I've got coilovers in the front ALL THE WAY DOWN and i've cut the dead coils off GT springs in the back. it still sits much higher than what it used to sit (about 1.5"-2" higher)...

I put my front sway bar back on cause i didn't like the way it rode without it. I'll sacrifice some weight transfer for good driveablity. This is a street car, after all.

I'm hoping to have a good bit of power increase. My build sheet says I have 11.2:1 compression. I previously had 10.8:1. I also fixed my IMRC deletes because the holes were not filled. Those two things should result in a significant power increase, at least i hope.

Users who are viewing this thread