Good News........I think!!!!!

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
They are not going to total my car. ~$16.5k worth of damage but they are going to try to fix it. We will see how it turns out.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Well insurance doesn't cover mods .... and that's a lot of damage. What happened? Pics?

If my car got wrecked and insurance was going to cover it, I'd be pissed. Because that accident goes on record of the VIN and it will be hard as hell to sell it.

With that much damage .... it will never be the same car again.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I would WANT them to total it out if there was that much damage. As ChicagoMike said, once a car suffers major damage it's never the same.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Hey congrats on getting the car fixed. Don't mind what they say, if you plan on keeping the car for any length of time it really doesn't matter. As far as it never being the same... I thought that was true until my brother was rear-ended by someone going about 70 mph when he was going about 10 (they didn't see traffic was stopped) and did 18k damage. Car handles and drives atleast as well as it did when it was new (2k prelude sh).

EatonMe

I'd cry like a whiny little bitch if I had $16.5k worth of damage to my car, and insurance didn't total it.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Right now the appraised damage is about 59% of the total value of the car. They said the sub frame connectors actually saved the vehicle and probably helped in preventing injuries. As much as I love the car, I was hoping they might total it for the very reason that if I ever decide to trade the car in I am going to take a huge loss because of the carfax hit. Fortunately because of the way the accident went down, none of the mods were affected (I don't think). Also we are just in the beginning stages of this and we are only about $3100 to $3200 away from that magical 70% mark for totaling so it may get totaled before it is all said and done.

Here is what happened:

Wrecked the snake today. Prolly going to get totaled. Damage to the front and the rear. I wasn't driving fast, it was a very hot day, short rain burst made the pavement very very slick. Rear end kicked out in a sharp curve, got a Toyota Corrolla with the front (glancing blow), then spun around and nailed a Dodge Ram in the right front tire with the back of the snake. Sub Frame welds still intact so there is my ray of hope. Total distance from initial loss of traction to the car being stopped was less than 50 yards. A total accident, I would feel better about it if I had been driving like I usually do, then I could blame me for it. 3 cars, 5 people involved, no injuries so that is something to be thankful for. Not sure how much I will get if it is totaled, the car is paid off. Anyway, be careful out there

Last edited:

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
If I had the "say so". It would be totaled. But I don't so I am kinda at the mercy of the "Gods". They are going to replace the exhaust things that are jacked up and any of the mods that are jacked up.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by svt03cobra10th
They are not going to total my car. ~$16.5k worth of damage but they are going to try to fix it. We will see how it turns out.

thats not good news for you, thats bad news....good luck

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by svt03cobra10th
Right now the appraised damage is about 59% of the total value of the car. They said the sub frame connectors actually saved the vehicle and probably helped in preventing injuries. As much as I love the car, I was hoping they might total it for the very reason that if I ever decide to trade the car in I am going to take a huge loss because of the carfax hit. Fortunately because of the way the accident went down, none of the mods were affected (I don't think). Also we are just in the beginning stages of this and we are only about $3100 to $3200 away from that magical 70% mark for totaling so it may get totaled before it is all said and done.

Here is what happened:

Wrecked the snake today. Prolly going to get totaled. Damage to the front and the rear. I wasn't driving fast, it was a very hot day, short rain burst made the pavement very very slick. Rear end kicked out in a sharp curve, got a Toyota Corrolla with the front (glancing blow), then spun around and nailed a Dodge Ram in the right front tire with the back of the snake. Sub Frame welds still intact so there is my ray of hope. Total distance from initial loss of traction to the car being stopped was less than 50 yards. A total accident, I would feel better about it if I had been driving like I usually do, then I could blame me for it. 3 cars, 5 people involved, no injuries so that is something to be thankful for. Not sure how much I will get if it is totaled, the car is paid off. Anyway, be careful out there

First, as long as the shop does good work, the car will be pretty close to what it was before. unit-body cars can be put back to new for the most part. Second, expect to take your car back to the shop several times to get everything fixed correctly...no doubt they will not get it all 100% right the first time. Look at everything REAL close and be sure to check that the IC is pumping coolant if there was significant front end damage (ask me why I mention this.)

ofourcobra

Established Member
i think car fax only looks for slavaged titles ,or if it was totaled ,,they dont list every accident.i sold my old car and i was hit like 5 times and it was not on car fax

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by black10th vert
My boss had over $23000 damage on his sonic vert and they're fixing it. Needed new engine and front end.

I'd unload that sucker as fast as possible.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Originally posted by ofourcobra
i think car fax only looks for slavaged titles ,or if it was totaled ,,they dont list every accident.i sold my old car and i was hit like 5 times and it was not on car fax

Not trying to flame you but you are wrong on that one. My car was involved in a minor accident in late 2003. New left fender, hood and facia. Carfax reported that one.

On a separate note, it they do fix it, then I will get an aftermarket HE for it. The cost on the estimate of the the little ford one is $576.00. I can get a bigger better one for almost half that and save some money in the long run.

The unibody has a small tweak to it. They are going to put it on a frame puller for 10 hours and then see where it is. They say that these mustangs are very receptive to being "untweaked". I hope they do fix it, I don't have any car payments and I would like to keep it that way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread