Good news for me! AF Eglin AFB FL

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
Oh and be very weary of any medical procedures while you are there i swear Eglin is the medical training base or something. they let the airman right outta tech do most of the procedures. I have a crazy scar where this one striper stitched my head up and they were either drunk or cross eyed i was drugged up at the time so of course i had no idea what was happening.[/QUOTE

yea it's a training base. thankfully i work there so they all know me lol

truefiveo

Established Member
Like it's extremely hard to pass ALS LOL. You show up... and you pass.

This!

ALS was a joke and so is the Levitow Award.

Atleast half of the airmen in my class with line numbers were fat slobs on PT waivers barely deployable with little to no common sense but could test pretty well.

Sound familiar:

I went through ALS 2007.

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
About to graduate Airman Leadership School! Could not be happier. New curriculum is no joke. Glad to earn this next stripe. So this leads me to my next topic. Wife has cleared me to add a 2010-2012 GT500 to the stable. Thoughts on that?

Here is my advice...for what its worth. My guess is your going to get about $225 a month pay bump. Let's say your find your car and it is going to be around $35K. You know your finances and your wife has a secure job. You should be able to afford the car.

But...is now the time to get it? Is graduation from ALS a reason? Have your finished your CCAF? If so; have your finished your undergraduate degree? If so; have you finished your graduate degree. I would put off getting the GT500 and set another personal goal to shot for. Yes...graduating ALS is a deal...but is it a big deal? All AF enlisted have to attend in order to put on E-5. Only after I obtained my goal would I reward myself with a GT500. Good luck and thanks for serving!

raustin0017

Established Member
This!

ALS was a joke and so is the Levitow Award.

Atleast half of the airmen in my class with line numbers were fat slobs on PT waivers barely deployable with little to no common sense but could test pretty well.

Sound familiar:

I went through ALS 2007.

100% disagree! Attending Professional Military Education is not a joke; it is mandatory. It builds a foundation on how to become a leader. If you think it was a joke...you missed the point. And you are also off target about the Levitow award. For someone to earn Top Honors in any setting takes hard work. Those who do that should be rewarded. Just my 2 cents...

truefiveo

Established Member
100% disagree! Attending Professional Military Education is not a joke; it is mandatory. It builds a foundation on how to become a leader. If you think it was a joke...you missed the point. And you are also off target about the Levitow award. For someone to earn Top Honors in any setting takes hard work. Those who do that should be rewarded. Just my 2 cents...

I stand by what I said ALS was not hard, and damn near impossible to flunk even if your the biggest dirtbag in the AF.
As far as PME of course its essential to become a leader.

My post was more intended about the fat out of shape Airmen who attend ALS, and the inflated EPR system of the AF which allows this to happen.

But its sure as hell isn't a West Point:lol:

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
hahahah Yea yea. but they changed the standards in ALS, it is much harder no longer a show up and pass ordeal.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
100% disagree! Attending Professional Military Education is not a joke; it is mandatory. It builds a foundation on how to become a leader. If you think it was a joke...you missed the point.

Sooooo you have never been to SOS then eh? For the record though, I had a blast there.

Last edited:

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
My recommendation is dont hang around the 7th GRP compound and pull up next to my '13.. itll make you wish you bought one instead :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread