Good news for me! AF Eglin AFB FL

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
About to graduate Airman Leadership School! Could not be happier. New curriculum is no joke. Glad to earn this next stripe. So this leads me to my next topic. Wife has cleared me to add a 2010-2012 GT500 to the stable. Thoughts on that?

einehund

Established Member
Congrats!! And I love my 2010, but I wish I had a 12 with the Recaro seats. Those things are like gold and impossible to get. Good luck with your search!

jenkins_1120

Established Member
Are you stationed at Eglin ? Don't buy anything local I was there and looked around local nobody would budge on prices. Don't be scared to travel to get a deal I saved a lot if money and got a wag better car. I ended up renting a trailer and traveling to Baton Rouge to get my car

Sent from my iPhone using thunder thumbs

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
I am stationed at Eglin. I dont not buy ANYTHING local. I am from East TN and buy everything there for MUCH MUCH less, and the tax savings are impressive too. EVERYTHING is was over priced here. the only thing I have bought locally was my Sierra 1500 and they offered it for about $9K less than MSRP. We bought the 13 GT for my wife in TN for about $5K less than anything here.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
When I was stationed at that godforsaken base (Eglin) we would talk the dealers down, and when we went to sign just title out of state in Alaska and pay ZERO sales tax. The dealers down there are crap, the military pay is ass, makes for a good raping at the dealer.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I had a 2010 GT500 as a SSgt, although that was with extra Guard pay. OP, I would definitely look into the '11-'12, tons of upgrades from the '10s.

cobra_mer

Established Member
I almost PCS'd to Eglin, opted out since NC the heat/humidity was enough I didn't want to deviate any further south. So now I am freezing my ass off and loving it. Congrats on the GT500 purchase. I would definitely get a 11-12 or sweet talk the houes 6 a little more and get the 13 :p

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
SSgt with a GT500, Im jealous.

Don't be. I had a good job before I joined but had already hit my ceiling in that field, so I joined to increase my education and earning potential.

Plus it doesn't hurt when the wifey is a full time Nurse.

So the 11-12's have the aluminum block and a few extra things.... ill have to read some more into that!

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
I almost PCS'd to Eglin, opted out since NC the heat/humidity was enough I didn't want to deviate any further south. So now I am freezing my ass off and loving it. Congrats on the GT500 purchase. I would definitely get a 11-12 or sweet talk the houes 6 a little more and get the 13 :p

I was born and raised in East TN so the heat and humidity are about the same if not better since we get a good breeze off the coast! and its not in the bag, I have a surgery next week which will put me out of commission for about 6-8 months after rehab so I will have to wait until then so I can shift!

gearhead08

Established Member
I have a 2009 GT500 here and I am a SrA. The key is getting deployed. If you can do that a lot more things are possible.

Gradyh

WTB MY21/22 order
Established Member
soooo the wife has cleared me to do what ever I like once I am done with rehab to our 2013 GT......

Last edited:

tradewife4SVT

Established Member
I was stationed at Hurlburt and im also from a small town north of there trust me if your gonna buy while your there drive the 2 hr drive to Dothan AL. Much better prices and they love military there should give you a solid discount.

tradewife4SVT

Established Member
Oh and be very weary of any medical procedures while you are there i swear Eglin is the medical training base or something. they let the airman right outta tech do most of the procedures. I have a crazy scar where this one striper stitched my head up and they were either drunk or cross eyed i was drugged up at the time so of course i had no idea what was happening.

Users who are viewing this thread