good mustang repair shops

pr627

Established Member
hello everyone....I am in the atlanta area (marietta) so if anyone in the area who can recommend some good engine shops who work on mustangs i would appreciate it. tired of messing with those rip off dealerships !!! looking to have a king cobra clutch put in soon. appreciate any feedback, thanks

Tates01GT

Established Member
I'm not sure how much you want to drive, but MV Performance does excellent work. They are about 10 miles away from Athens down 316.

cammin 4.6

Established Member
Check out www.modularfordpowerhouse.com

They are actually known as T&J performance. You cannot beat there honesty, quality of work, and prices. Call Tim Barth at 770 827 5010. They just moved into a huge new shop. They are located in Norcross. It is definitely worth the drive from Marietta. Oh by the way, Tim is known on the forums as CobraKiller. Tell him Ashley sent you.

Hope this helps,
Ashley

Adam01Snake

Capitalism is Boss
Established Member
If your in Marietta then your not but about 20 minutes from Higgens Ford Performance . They are located in Douglasville, GA off of Bankhead Hwy on Gurley Road. There number is: 770-949-1234. They have an awesome shop with an inground Dynojet Dyno. They do everything from Complete engine overhauls to oil changes and best of all they only work on FORDS!

Tommy Higgens is the owner and he has been around the Ford Community for a while. He started motorsports programs for many of the Atlanta Area Dealers including John Bleakley Ford in Lithia Springs.

Higgens did just about all my work on my 2000GT and alot of it on my 2001 Cobra. They have some bad a$$ machines there so if nothing else you should ride by there just to see some of the sweet Fords being worked on!

When you call ask Ford Dave or Tommy.....they will treat you right!

Good Luck,

Adam

Last edited:

Slammed97Cobra

Established Member
www.mustangpartsnservices.com is right off of highway 5 around the 575 area, where i live. They've installed all 4 of the clutches on both of my cars including 3 king cobra clutches and they work was flawless in my opinion. They charged me 650$ for a new quadrant, cable, firewall adjusted, and the clutch installed.

Tates01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snakevert
Higgins ford performance is the way to go. Dugan has a great mechanic by the name of trent.

I'm not sure if Dugan even does installs anymore and Trent is not really a mechanic, he is just a guy that answers the phones and takes money. He may do a little but not much.

03snakevert

12 volt tech
Established Member
Trent palmer is the chief mechanic at Dugan I have known him and Tom for years and have never had any problems with their service or parts.

Tates01GT

Established Member
Chief mechanic, are you sure? Do you know if they are back installing parts now? I found out a couple of months ago that they had stopped or something and was wondering why?

NBMss346

Established Member
Is your name really Tate? Holy shit, that would make you just the 3rd person I know of with my name. :beer:
Edit: I saw your profile, and your name's Josh. NVM. :nonono:

NBMss346

Established Member
It's my middle name too. Weird. That makes you, some old guy in Missouri, and chick in Texas that's my age.

Users who are viewing this thread