good fuel pump for 1994 L?

9T5SVT

Established Member
I was just wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a fuel pump for a 1994 lightning? The truck has a paxton s/c on it and somehow the inline pump was wired up wrong or was just bad in the first place, but it no longer works. This is my dads truck and he doesn't want another inline pump that's going to be noisey. Does anyone know if there are in tank pumps that can be put in to eliminate the inline pump? He also has a 2000L and he has the stock pumps from that truck, but I was told these won't work on the 94, is this true? Any help you guys can give I'd appreciate, thanks.

greaslightnin

Established Member
First I would go to nloc.net gen1 forums and do a search. alot more info on gen 1's in that site. If you have both gas tanks in the truck you can't run a in tank pump. The reason being is a check valve in between both tanks will overflow. If both tanks are in you can do a 2 pump trick. The guy on the nloc who makes them goes by (sstock) I've heard guys dip into the 11's with that set up. It basically turns on both pumps at wide open throttle. It will give you the pressure you need when you need it. Probably the easiest route in my opinion. I did a 255lph in tank in my truck but you have to remove the front tank. then ther is a little bit of tinkering around to make it work. IT WAS NOT EASY but it works great once it's in.

9T5SVT

Established Member
Yeah I'll do that, thanks for the info. Well, worse case senerio is we put another inline pump in that's of a little better quality. I've heard good things about the T-REX pump, but I've also heard that it's kinda noisy. I've give the NLOC a look and see what they suggest.

greaslightnin

Established Member
Better yet. once you register you can contact (struckby) he can make the 2 pump trick for you. you'll have to private message him cause he's not a supporting vendor and the site could kick him out for that. He is awesome with that stuff. He even did my mass air conversion on my truck. I totally had a brain fart and just remembered that he can make it. It works perfect and you won't hear a thing. Like I said there are guys running 11's with that set up with no problems. But I suggest you talk to him first he is an electrical guru and makes alot of cool stuff for the gen 1.

Last edited:

9T5SVT

Established Member
Thanks sir. Yeah, I have to re-register because the nloc suspended my rights like 2 years ago because i didn't read there policy about selling parts........... kinda dumb if you ask me, but whatever. But I'll re-register and get in touch with him.

greaslightnin

Established Member
Thanks sir. Yeah, I have to re-register because the nloc suspended my rights like 2 years ago because i didn't read there policy about selling parts........... kinda dumb if you ask me, but whatever. But I'll re-register and get in touch with him.

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread