Good food program for losing weight and working out?

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
I keep trying the search function but I keep getting error page not found?

Anyways I've been hitting the gym and I cut back on all fast food/soda and such since last august. I've dropped down from 228lbs to 193lbs since then but I feel I've hit a platue.

So other then having a personal friend and ex-personal trainer help me with my workouts at the gym what is a good balance diet program?

I feel and see the improvment in my legs/chest/back/shoulders/arms but i still have the tire spare around my gut.

any suggestions or programs greatly appreciated:beer:

SVTContique

This is SVTP....

Anyways, you need to burn mor calories if you still have a gut.

Cut down on your intake and increase your workouts.

ralliart16

Established Member
You need to change your lifestyle / diet permanently, not go on a temporary 'program'.

If you must drink some soda, get diet soda. Try to stick to mostly water and a lot of it. Most of it involves simply using common sense. To lose weight you must consume LESS calories than what you use. It might not be a bad idea to count calories of what you typically eat to see where you are at.

Adding some running /cardio in for some exercise wouldn't be a bad idea either.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
Ok let me clarify some things then....

All I drink is water and green herbal tea.....

I calorie count and have cut down my calorie intake about 500 per day...roughly around 1500 calories a day.

I guess what I'm asking is what types of foods should I eat and during what time of the day to help promote my metabolism and to help build muscle....

like what types of foods should I consume for breakfast...lunch...dinner...

carbs? Protien? etc.....

I've been doing some reading but as always there is somone out there to contridict someone else so i wanted to know what works for people here.:shrug:

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
just make up stats, and post them on the internet. That's the only thing that really matters.

For example, I can bench 697 pounds. And usually squat about 6000.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
bodybuilding.com will teach you everything you need to know about eating. Those guys have the body down to a science and can tell you what to eat at what time to have the best affect on your body.

boosted306

Established Member
I would see a dietitian. A lot of people that work out and don't eat very much tend to be very unhealthy. A dietitian will set you up will the perfect program.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
See that's the thing. I feel my workouts are going great with the help I'm getting from my buddy.

I just want to make sure I'm getting a healthy appropiate diet.

Bodybuilders seems to have some good info....reading through the site now.

Thanks everyone:beer:

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
See that's the thing. I feel my workouts are going great with the help I'm getting from my buddy.

I just want to make sure I'm getting a healthy appropiate diet.

Bodybuilders seems to have some good info....reading through the site now.

Thanks everyone:beer:
Check the other thread and pm me with your goals, current weights, routine etc. I'm also a member on bodybuilding.com and have trolled there for probably 5 years. I've read alot and workout to some degree on a daily basis :)

Nate's7.3

Established Member
Ok let me clarify some things then....

All I drink is water and green herbal tea.....

I calorie count and have cut down my calorie intake about 500 per day...roughly around 1500 calories a day.

I guess what I'm asking is what types of foods should I eat and during what time of the day to help promote my metabolism and to help build muscle....

like what types of foods should I consume for breakfast...lunch...dinner...

carbs? Protien? etc.....

I've been doing some reading but as always there is somone out there to contridict someone else so i wanted to know what works for people here.:shrug:

Well for starts I feel your calorie intake is too low.T hat was great for when you were a bit heavier but I would say a 2000/2500 with a lot of activity is what you need.

Try for close to 1 gram of protein per body weight as well. Yes its hard but try your best, even if you dont get it all in. Eat 5-6 meals spaced out no more than 3 hours max. With those meals only make 3 with a complex carb (use whole grains, taters, and starches). Also keep a good amount of greens in your diet.

Step up cardio if you havent already to 30 min at 3-4 times per week and soild and good weight routein also 4 days per week.

Stop watching the scale as well. You have dropped enough that you are more than likely gaining muscle weight with your workouts and the scale will give you false result ideas. Get a Body fat test and go from there.

stangin99

Established Member
DON'T take anything on bodybuilding.com as being gospel. It is a lot of 150lb kids who think they're ripped giving off info.

Go talk to a trainer at a local gym, they will get you on the right course. Or check out something like www.t-nation.com and READ READ READ their articles. They have some of the absolute best info on the web but their forum isn't the greatest for newbies.

Nate's7.3

Established Member
DON'T take anything on bodybuilding.com as being gospel. It is a lot of 150lb kids who think they're ripped giving off info.

LOL...apperently I am not the only one who has been on that site for some time as well.

Its good for entertainment and starters but there is much better sites with a lot better technical advise.

Users who are viewing this thread