Good dyno tuner in South Florida?

imsuperman

Established Member
Does anyone know a good dyno tuner in South Florida? I just bought an 03 cobra and want to get a baseline. And is there a difference in dyno machines? Any I should stay away from? Thanks.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
For a baseline dyno run you can go to any dyno Steeda, Razors Edge, or Cartek. I go directly to Diablo in West Palm for tuning.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Mustang Dyno and Superflow are better for tuning as they can put a real world load on your tires. Razors Edge has a Mustang Dyno and Diablo has a Superflow. A dynojet is better for numbers as it uses a static and relatively light load on your tires. Steeda and I believe Cartek have dynojets. Cartek is a foreign car shop, but are some cool guys on the dyno. The only company you should really stay away from is UPR they have a reputation of breaking stuff and bad customer service.

lethal

Established Member
Like Brian said.... I had my car tuned by Diablo directly. If I were anywhere in South Florida, I'd go to them.

My numbers below are from the Superflow dyno at Diablo.

John

Last edited:

jimh

Established Member
I ran into the same problem being an NJ transplant. I've looked around for any good speed shops. The guys at Razors Edge are very cool and seem very knowledgable. That's where I'll be taking a good portion of my business.

Feel free to PM me for the places I didn't like.

Razors Edge uses Diablo software and a Mustang Dyno.
jim

Last edited:

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
Reith is now call Thunder autosports again. Steve has been working on my mustangs for years. I really don't trust anyone else. He's done most of the work on my cobra. He's a great guy that does excellent work. He does have a dyno with chip burning equipment.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
For a baseline dyno run you can go to any dyno Steeda, Razors Edge, or Cartek. I go directly to Diablo in West Palm for tuning.

Heay, I asked Nick on Modularfords if they do dyno tuning at diablo, because I wanted to come in for a custom tune and he said no........ how did you get them to tune for you???

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03SVTCOBRA10TH
Heay, I asked Nick on Modularfords if they do dyno tuning at diablo, because I wanted to come in for a custom tune and he said no........ how did you get them to tune for you???

I believe they do perform tunes to the public. The play a company name game there location in West Palm is called Blue Dot Performance I believe to keep there vendors happy and possibly insulate Diablo from some legal stuff.

imsuperman

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
I believe they do perform tunes to the public. The play a company name game there location in West Palm is called Blue Dot Performance I believe to keep there vendors happy and possibly insulate Diablo from some legal stuff.

I can't find Blue Dot Performance in the phone book. Does anyone have their number? Thanks.

twomustangs

Established Member
Panhandle Performance in Panama City, that where I'm taking mine and know several people who have been there.

jimh

Established Member
Visit both, they're pretty local. Talk to them see what they're like. My personal preference is Razor's Edge. You should check them both out and talk to each of them for yourself.

jim

Users who are viewing this thread