Good Dyno numbers?

runsonboost

Established Member
I sold my 03 Cobra a while back and picked up an 89 SSP coupe. It was modded by the previous owner with a B-cam, equal length headers, pro chamber, flows, 4.10s, UD pullies, AFM powerpipe, some kind of MAF and 75mm TB and a 3550 with Alum DS. All the gaskets have tabs hanging out it has 8448 IIRC HGs on it, so it looks to have been rebuilt at some point. Bad things are, stock valve springs/rockers, heads, intake. It moves alright, especially with the 4.10s. My brother rented a local dyno for a few hours to tune his twin 62 turbo notch so I put mine on the rollers to check the AF and see what power it makes. Results were 250rwhp 297rwtq. I added a dry Zex kit when I bought the car that has been on my last 3 fox's, it has some drilled out jets in it, i dont remember what they started as. On the jug it made 350rwhp and 427rwtq. Although it spun pretty hard on the dyno thanks to some sweeet 225/50/17s on the back. I was really expecting no more than 225-230 through that stock intake, so I was stoked with 250, even though its shit coming from a 650rwhp Cobra lol. What do you guys think? How much power do you think it would pick up from an intake manifold? Im thinking ill do a box upper and Ported GT40 lower. Although I have a stock explorer mani in the garage.

99BlownVert

Established Member
not bad for stock heads and intake. I wouldnt hope for too much from an intake, you will gain a whole lot more with a nice set of aluminum heads. My 93 fox has afr 165s and made 311 330 matched with a holley systemax intake and a TFS1 cam and long tubes. I know how you feel, I am coming from a blown cobra as well lol but this car is fun and a lot easier to work on so I am def. happy.

runsonboost

Established Member
Heads may come this winter, im still on the fence about the winter plans. Either going to be a single 67 and leave the stock heads or do a decent set of heads and keep the spray on it. I had a good chunk of money left over from my Cobra, but now we are in the process of buying a house so thats where thats going.

99BlownVert

Established Member
Heads may come this winter, im still on the fence about the winter plans. Either going to be a single 67 and leave the stock heads or do a decent set of heads and keep the spray on it. I had a good chunk of money left over from my Cobra, but now we are in the process of buying a house so thats where thats going.

I don't think you will be too happy with stock heads and a turbo. It will make decent power but not near what it could. You can get a nice set of heads, heck even gt40 iron heads that will make a difference and you can make the same power with less boost. Unless your thing is the labor involved but its not near as bad on a push rod car lol.

DRCjasper

Established Member
Not bad for what it has. Also a member of the former 03 Cobra turned fox owners club. LOL

F8TL89

Established Member
decent numbers. Id slam some heads and an intake on it. Then you would really see some big gains

Users who are viewing this thread