good drag radials

semperfi1311

Established Member
i need some good drag raidals for my 04 cobra i have over 600 horse and want something that can hook for the stock 17 inch rims

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i need some good drag raidals for my 04 cobra i have over 600 horse and want something that can hook for the stock 17 inch rims

Thank you for the post. We would be happy to help you with you tire needs.

Since you are running your OEM wheels, the max 17" drag radial that is approved for your factory wheels is size 275/40-17. In this size, I recommend taking a close look at the Nitto NT05R Drag Radial like Instigator said. This model is getting great reviews and with a 00 tread wear rating, hooks well on the track and street. Here's a link with more details:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...474-introducing-nitto-nt05-r-drag-radial.html

gtmustang00

Established Member
How do these tires compare to the mickey thompson drag radials in the same size? 275 40 17

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How do these tires compare to the mickey thompson drag radials in the same size? 275 40 17

The NT05R gives you the best of both worlds and by that I mean street and track performance. Mickey Thompason tires do very well on the track but many people do not like them on the street. The NT05R uses a unique construction which optimizes handling at higher speeds. If you're after a double duty drag radial, I suggest the NT05R.

geoffc

Established Member

From the few pics I've seen, they seem to still run smaller than the BFGs and MTs. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same carcass as the NT555R.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread