Good deal?

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Hello guys,

I wasnt in the market for a mustang but
I stumbled across a 04 Cobra with 41k miles. Red fire.

Mods include:
Whipple 2.3 supercharger
JLT cold air intake
sct tuner
60lb injectors
Borla off road xpipe with no cats
Borla cat back exhaust
Short shifter
Ram clutch
Full tilt boogie
Rear Differential brace package
With 315 nitto drag radials
2inch lowering springs

said he will take 20k. Does this sound like a good deal? what are some things to look out for?
Car looks nice just wondering what you guys would value a car like this for? Also carfax is clean.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
Thanks guys. And good idea on the compression test. I will do that. Compression should be roughly 170-175psi per cylinder?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Thanks guys. And good idea on the compression test. I will do that. Compression should be roughly 170-175psi per cylinder?

If you got those numbers across all 8 cylinders, on a 41K mile engine, you'd be golden. Consistency in the numbers is also important. They will all be a little different but any that are obviously low, is a sign of a sick engine.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
It's Redfire, not one of the highest dollar commanding cars, so the price is pretty close to what I would expect. If you're looking for a Redfire and it checks out, by all means, go for it. But if it's some kind of resale item, don't do it, and it's certainly not an OMG I HAVE TO BUY IT FOR THAT PRICE! kind of price.

1QWK96GT

Thats what she said
Established Member
It's Redfire, not one of the highest dollar commanding cars, so the price is pretty close to what I would expect. If you're looking for a Redfire and it checks out, by all means, go for it. But if it's some kind of resale item, don't do it, and it's certainly not an OMG I HAVE TO BUY IT FOR THAT PRICE! kind of price.

I appreciate the input.

zredfire04

Established Member
i think it's a fair price. the mods are worth something, but also go with being beat on.

obviously certain colors are more collectible than others, but it wouldn't be a huge part of a buying decision for me...the color doesn't matter when you're going fast enough for a red shift

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Very common mod sound like he already done research before the mod . 20k seem very good deal for that low miles . Red fire is not a demand color but for that low miles I say 19-20k seem right

hotcobra03

Established Member
I've been checking my compression since 1st head issue@60k..

warm engine.

I've always had 180 to 185 on bank 1.
have the newest driver head..
180 in cyl5 than 6/7 185psi than it goes up to 195 psi in cyl 8..

I had a cracked in cyl 7..read 180psi
I had cyl 6 drop valve seat..read 0 psi

engine ran fine with these issues till engine got warm..

I also had cooling issues..beware.
last was radiator..car was fine till after 45mins of a drive..than it would over heat..

good luck,

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
If you are into red fire, there is a local guy about to sell a 2.9 crusher with a r3cently built motor.

Think he listed it for 22..

Jacksonville fl

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread