Good deal on this 2010 ?

buddha93

Established Member
Meh, still an S197 car. Pull you tail lights out of your 13' and put'em in this car.

It's a non-SVTPP car, looks like they put aftermarket wheels on it. Use this as negotiation...........it's a base model. If not for the blower and whatever mods are hiding, I wouldn't say it was a deal. But IMO, there is value to that stuff. I'd want to know what else was done to it, who performed the work, etc. I don't think it's a terrible deal but there's a few thousand there to haggle with for sure. They'll either try to get you up front with the price of the car, or on the back with what they give you for yours.

Miles are good though, a good detail and this thing would look like new.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Meh, Thats not a good idea imo. Ur going backwards bro...... That car is HEAVY and doesn't look anywhere near as good as ur 2013. It weighs 400 lbs more than ur 2013 also! Doesn't have LED tail lights either. Just put a blower or Turbo on ur 2013.

buddha93

Established Member
Meh, Thats not a good idea imo. Ur going backwards bro...... That car is HEAVY and doesn't look anywhere near as good as ur 2013. It weighs 400 lbs more than ur 2013 also! Doesn't have LED tail lights either. Just put a blower or Turbo on ur 2013.

Says the guy with a turbo'd 2013 :)

This car does have the HID headlights.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I found yet another, a 2010, would y'all mind taking a look? I really like the way it looks and it has very low miles.
I'd be trading my 29K mile 2013 5.0 in for it. The year thing bothers me though, going backwards in years.

Used 2010 Ford Mustang For Sale at Paris Ford Lincoln, Inc. | VIN: 1ZVBP8JS2A5169117

The Black w/Matte Black stripes looks cool!!!

Def. has a non-original/larger blower.

I believe those are the SVTPP wheels? however, I don't believe the SVTPP was an option until 2011.......

As far as I know, the simple 2013/14 tail light swap is not that simple, it will either require the 2013/14 rear bumper cover to be swapped also, or the aftermarket filler pieces between the oem 2010 bumper cover and the 2013/14 tail lights, either way, if you are trading your 2013 for this 2010, you will not have both cars in a place away from the dealership to do such a swap.

I think for that kind of money, a 2011 GT500 can be found....

I like the Black/Black stripes......subtle and cool!

R

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Real good looking GT500! Nothing wrong with "going backwards". It's all about what you're looking for and/or what your financial situation is.

While the mileage is excellent, it does indeed have a big ole Whipple supercharger on it and is most likely pushing some serious RWHP. Has an aftermarket intercooler reservoir tank which often times is utilized at the drag strip to help keep the supercharger cooler. Would recommend looking it over pretty closely for other mods and get a better taste for how those 13,000 miles were utilized......

Has also had 5 to 6 owners depending on how you read the Carfax. Certainly has a lot of history.

buddha93

Established Member

I believe those are the SVTPP wheels? however, I don't believe the SVTPP was an option until 2011.......

R

Ya, your right, forgot about that, but those are aftermarket wheels, non OEM's.

buddha93

Established Member

As far as I know, the simple 2013/14 tail light swap is not that simple, it will either require the 2013/14 rear bumper cover to be swapped also, or the aftermarket filler pieces between the oem 2010 bumper cover and the 2013/14 tail lights, either way, if you are trading your 2013 for this 2010, you will not have both cars in a place away from the dealership to do such a swap.

R

It's a straight plug and play, some guys don't even fill the gap, but if it's me, I'm filling it. As far as the swap, you backfilling the 2013 car with a cheaper set of aftermarkets..............even used OEM tail lights are $600. You an get aftermarket Raxiom for cheap.

buddha93

Established Member
Real good looking GT500! Nothing wrong with "going backwards". It's all about what you're looking for and/or what your financial situation is.

While the mileage is excellent, it does indeed have a big ole Whipple supercharger on it and is most likely pushing some serious RWHP. Has an aftermarket intercooler reservoir tank which often times is utilized at the drag strip to help keep the supercharger cooler. Would recommend looking it over pretty closely for other mods and get a better taste for how those 13,000 miles were utilized......

Has also had 5 to 6 owners depending on how you read the Carfax. Certainly has a lot of history.

Ya, I'd be checking the tune on this thing for sure. You need more details on the build.

68gtscode

Established Member
My two cents... perhaps free for a reason! This looks like a really nice, low mile 2010. Assuming the engine is not built, the Whipple should make decent power. As mentioned above though, the older GT500s are heavy. Your Coyote will be significantly faster with a power adder, especially if it has the 6R80. The Shelby pedigree is something that may or may not be important to you, also. From a cost perspective, it seems very high to me... I haven't closely followed GT500 prices over the past year, so perhaps my thoughts here are out dated. That said, at $37.7K I wouldn't even consider it. IMO, that car is worth somewhere in the $30-32K range for a decent deal. For their asking price, you could get a very nice 11-12, or for a bit more you could get into a 13/14.

CobraG

Established Member
Got some more info from the dealer. A dyno and mod list.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 80

buddha93

Established Member
Ya man, $10k plus in mods, not including labor, etc. Even with her heavy ass. 700+rwhp will help it move. I think you need to talk to Kaleb:

Kaleb Cubine

Dyno pull:

Looks like he had different wheels on it before he traded/sold it.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Get a 2013/14 GT 500

Having been there and done that, 11/12 and taking em to 700rwhp from stock and allllll the suspension mods and bull crap parts in between....

If you cant afford one now, than wait.

You probably want to make more power than a stock '10-'12 Shelby can provide. Which means pouring about $9-$11,000 into it to get to 700-730rwhp safely and with confidence.

So when I look at the car ad you posted I look at $37,000+ $10,000. At $47,000 your damn close to getting a better car in the 13/14 Shelby.

Pay the 5.0 off and than you don't have to daily the Shelby

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, but he's not paying for any of that, the last guy did.

The trade is where it get's tricky. At the end of the day, what are you really paying for it, even at asking price? If it's me, paying cash, I'm coming in at $35k if I really dig the car and everything checks out. Your not going to find a low mileage car like this and mods for any less.

CobraG

Established Member
I'd be trading my 2013 5.0, I own it so all that money would go towards the trade. I'd try to talk them down before heading that why, it's a couple hours drive from where I live.

PC03GT

Established Member
I'd be trading my 2013 5.0, I own it so all that money would go towards the trade. I'd try to talk them down before heading that why, it's a couple hours drive from where I live.
What about just keeping your car and put a blower on it? Personally I wouldn't want a car payment

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, I'd definitely make a call to a sales guy, see where they're at with trade-in value for you car.

HKusp

Established Member
You SHOULD be able to get more for your 2013, by several thousand dollars, than they are going to give you on trade. I would sell that first, have cash in hand, then do the deal. This looks like a very tastefully done LOW mileage 2010, that if you are truly trying to get into "the Shelby club" would be a very nice car. If the money is right for you, then it's right. No one else can tell you what's right for you because a "good deal" is one that's good to you.

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, I'd give AutoNation, Carvana, or CarMax a try, can't hurt. I've heard a few folks having good luck with that. at the very least, it's hassle free not having to deal with tire kickers and such online and would give a baseline numbers to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread