Good deal on Boss 302

Night-Mare

Established Member
Hey folks,

I stopped by the dealer today because I noticed the Kona Blue Boss 302 they had in the new sales lot was moved over to the used car lot. Turns out the purchaser traded it back in a few weeks after purchasing it (not sure as to why), but this thing has 3,500 Miles on it and they have it going for $38K and some change as a "Red Tag Special". I thought this was a pretty decent deal for what is essentially a new car and figured I would share in case anyone is looking for one. Dealer is Crain Ford in Jacksonville, Arkansas. Just do me the favor, if you start working a deal let me know =)

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
If you are interested in the car then I would request to speak with the previous owner before negotiating. I would make sure the car has never had any body work or major malfunctions. If everything checks out then move forward with your decision. Good luck!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
+1 on checking for major issues. Although not likely, you do never know.

Ya never know.....

Last Feb I found a spectacular 2011 Shelby GT500 with 1500 miles, a whipple 2.9, full exhaust, etc. I bought it for 45k, thought it was the steal of the century. The dealer would not let me speak with the previous owner, but I trusted them. I typically give people the benefit of the doubt even if they are car dealers. I ended up finding the previous owners name and number, called him the next day and found out that the car had been for a 100mph ride through a field, over 20k in damage. the dealer even signed the damage disclosure statement (legal document) that stated the car had never had in excess of 20% damage. They even did all of the body work and didn't report to Carfax, except for a 4 wheel alignment. And, this was a Ford dealer :dw:

Needless to say I returned the car the next day.

Last edited:

Grant808

Established Member
No kidding guys...I feel sorry for the person who buys THIS Boss

Strange mods (partial stripe removal and others)...videos on youtube from the original owner...*sigh*

RTD

Established Member
Hey folks,

I stopped by the dealer today because I noticed the Kona Blue Boss 302 they had in the new sales lot was moved over to the used car lot. Turns out the purchaser traded it back in a few weeks after purchasing it (not sure as to why), but this thing has 3,500 Miles on it and they have it going for $38K and some change as a "Red Tag Special". I thought this was a pretty decent deal for what is essentially a new car and figured I would share in case anyone is looking for one. Dealer is Crain Ford in Jacksonville, Arkansas. Just do me the favor, if you start working a deal let me know =)

Look hard and you can actually find NEW Bosses for $1000-$1500 under MSRP. Not sure I'd want to buy one that is used and already has 3500 miles just to save another $2500-$3000. If he was willing to go down to $34k or $35k, then I'd be more interested.

A car depreciates by several thousand dollars the moment your drive it off the dealer lot and will be down 15-20% within a year. Shelby and Boss owners may think it doesn't apply to them, but if you look at what their used cars actually sell for (as opposed to the fantasy prices they list them for) you'll see it absolutely applies.

I do think it's probably worth going there and lowballing the dealer to see if he'll bite.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Look hard and you can actually find NEW Bosses for $1000-$1500 under MSRP. Not sure I'd want to buy one that is used and already has 3500 miles just to save another $2500-$3000. If he was willing to go down to $34k or $35k, then I'd be more interested.

A car depreciates by several thousand dollars the moment your drive it off the dealer lot and will be down 15-20% within a year. Shelby and Boss owners may think it doesn't apply to them, but if you look at what their used cars actually sell for (as opposed to the fantasy prices they list them for) you'll see it absolutely applies.

I do think it's probably worth going there and lowballing the dealer to see if he'll bite.

It does apply to them except you comparing retail pricing to wholesale/private party pricing. A 43k new boss will become worth 37 or 38k the moment it is titled. The loss is even worse when you add it taxes and title fees(43k + 4k ~ 47 paid now worth 37....). However once that now used boss is sold back to a dealer at the new price of 37k they will now turn around and create a profit with retail used pricing. Advertising for 41k used boss for sale less than 1k miles!:rockon:

Bottom line if they are selling it for 38k you better believe they only paid 32 or 33k for the vehicle!:beer:

Last edited:

Grant808

Established Member
Who was the original owner?

I have no idea. A friend of mine was at that dealer and he sent me a pic of that Boss. I noticed the missing side stripe, and incorrectly assumed that it was damaged and that the dealer was going to replace it. Later, I saw a couple of Youtube videos with a car without the same part of the C stripe and they were driving around SoCal on the 91. So I'm just *assuming* it's the same car. :shrug:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Bought mine used with 3k miles. Previous owner drag raced it. So what, so do I.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
sounds like a pretty good deal!

I'm hoping to find a Race Red/Black later this year for $35k or under, 20k miles or under.... looks like it might not be a pipe dream for me!

ShaneMcG

Established Member
Hey folks,

yep, a buddy of mine from the dallas area bought that car, it was perfect and had CPO extra warranty included. he flew in and drove home. Converted from a Caddy V with a little push from a couple hot laps in my Boss! :)

Users who are viewing this thread