Good Combo?

stronghimiler

Established Member
Well, I'm deploying to go kick some ass soon, so I won't be on the boards for awhile. I'll have tons of money when i get back though, not many places you can spend mponey in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, I'm thinking of a 331 with an ATI procharger pushing 9 lbs. The biggest question is, w/ 9.0:1 compression, is 9 lbs. of intercooled boost safe/streetable? will it pass smog with legal heads and blower cam? The heads will be O-ringed for head gaskets also. Thanks guys and I'll be sure to say high to the Taliban for ya!!!:bash:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I cant give you any advice abut your question but I did want to give a BIG Thanks for going over there! I'm going out on a limb here, but I think I can speak for the majority of us and say Thank You, and beat their (Taliban) Mother Fu##in' asses!

Alex

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
9:1 compression will be fine for 9 PSI. I'm not real sure about the emissions part though. Going to a 331 might change your readings some. You shouldn't have any probs with boost causing bad readings since you don't build boost without load. What are your standards there. I know here in Gaston county NC it was 220 ppm both. Having new plugs and fresh oil in is always a good help. You may want to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so you can lean it out come inspection time.

GIVE THEM HELL!! Bring us back a bin laden pinata!

Redsnk95

Established Member
9lbs of intercooled boost is easily easily streetable on 9:1 compression. I run 13-14lbs of non-intercooled boost on 8.75:1 compression on pump gas. My 302 with an E303 cam (w/ 1.7 rr) and other mods, all smog legal, passes emissions. I had to put my old Optimizer to clean up the idle a little to pass but it passes fairly easily.

Troy

Users who are viewing this thread