Good Car Covers?

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Anybody bought a car cover recently? I ordered my 2012 mustang GT Premium a month ago and the car is going to sit in a garage for a couple of months until I get back from this deployment and I wanted to order a car cover to put on it until I get back. Im also moving to Washington when I do get back and as often as it rains I figured it would be a good investment. Ive never owned a car cover so I dont have much experience with them and really not sure what to look for quality-wise? So anybody feel free to chime in and steer me in the right direction...Also budget isnt really too much of a concern but would like to keep it under $300 or so

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
California car cover. Ultraweave if it's going to be kept outside. You're looking right around $300

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Woohoo! Just ordered the Ultraweave with the mustang logo, $294 and free shipping. Thanks for the advice, looked to be a reputable company. Ill have the wife post pics of it when it comes in.

5.0Trunk

Established Member
Yes, Please post pics when you get it. I would love to see how it fits. I am looking to get one also..

Woohoo! Just ordered the Ultraweave with the mustang logo, $294 and free shipping. Thanks for the advice, looked to be a reputable company. Ill have the wife post pics of it when it comes in.

DWalker

Established Member
When I bought my terminator back in '07 I was surprised when the previous owner left the California Car Cover in the trunk. I must say I'm impressed with those covers, I would go to shows and stay all weekend and it would pour the rain overnight and not one bit of water went through that cover. I just dried the water off the cover and pulled it off and went about the day. I also was in a Christmas parade and had to leave my car out one night and it snowed, with about 2 inches of snow on the cover (even after melting a little from the sun the next morning), I swept the snow off with a broom and pulled the cover off to a perfect shiny car. I very highly recommend California Car Covers!

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
When I bought my terminator back in '07 I was surprised when the previous owner left the California Car Cover in the trunk. I must say I'm impressed with those covers, I would go to shows and stay all weekend and it would pour the rain overnight and not one bit of water went through that cover. I just dried the water off the cover and pulled it off and went about the day. I also was in a Christmas parade and had to leave my car out one night and it snowed, with about 2 inches of snow on the cover (even after melting a little from the sun the next morning), I swept the snow off with a broom and pulled the cover off to a perfect shiny car. I very highly recommend California Car Covers!

This is very good to hear and was similar to all the reviews I was reading on them. Once again appreciate the info and great advise from SVTP members. I will def post up pics of it when it gets delivered and also again in December when my car is scheduled to be done.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
California Car cover pics

Just a few quick pics, took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered until it got to my front door. Pictures truly don't do it enough justice, the material is thick and high quality stuff. Thanks to the fellow SVTP members on here for the great advice in choosing this cover. Will post more pics when my 5.0 arrives in December!

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
CarJacket if you want the ultimate protection.

"CarJackets are guaranteed for indoor use only"

Mine could possibly be outside a few times in Washington...And Im not really seeing anything the CarJacket does that the California Cover doesnt do, maybe you could enlighten me...

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Just a few quick pics, took about 2 weeks from the day I ordered until it got to my front door. Pictures truly don't do it enough justice, the material is thick and high quality stuff. Thanks to the fellow SVTP members on here for the great advice in choosing this cover. Will post more pics when my 5.0 arrives in December!

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Photo1.jpg

What California cover did you go with?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I prefer California Car cover because they give you options as to lettering, logos, and the removal of the "brand name" logo from the cover. It allows you to make a custom cover for your car.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i just bought a cheap one. like $30. it keeps the dust off my car. i only use it over the winter. no issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread