Good bye #7.... New build getting ideas

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
So I lost #7 today so I'm gathering ideas. I wanna have a grudge car that is consistent. Needs to be street drivin and grip on the street. My plan is cg twin kit with th400. Not sure what to do about bottom end and suspension. I would also like to keep the irs. Not interested in big cams. Would like to make 1000+ hp but be able to dial in different settings, make quick changes and have like a boost by gear type stand alone. Anyway I would love to see any set ups and hear any ideas. I'll be starting my build thread soon! :beer:

gabe1530

Banned
sounds like you have a limitless budget?

ok, keeping the irs.

ftbr full rear kit.
pro level half shafts
qa1 double adjustable rear shocks or go full coilovers
k member & a arms of your choice
etc etc....

engine,
go teskid block, oem crank, billet rods, custom pistons. arp 2000 everything, port the heads, oem or ford gt cams (degreed ofcourse), sullivan lower, hpp upper.

you already have the rest picked out.

done.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Not a limitless budget but iv got room and time. Forgot the irs is already built. Also all work minus the tune will be done by me. Anyone using pro efi

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
And not sure what to do for shortblock. I just want it reliable and able to hold over 1khp I'm thinking mmr shortblock with boss block

gabe1530

Banned
Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Go with a High compression 10:1 teksid setup with billet rods, and a stock crank.. Higher compression means less boost to make the power you want.

Boss block will have sealing issues and John Mihovetz's has proved it..

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
A grudge car is a drag car, is that what you want? If so, the IRS needs to go.

As someone who already has what you want besides the 'drag' portion, I suggest doing lots of research and have a very large budget. For the engine, the stock crank and rods are fine. ARP 2000 everything including cam bolts. Use a teksid or aluminator block and stay away from big bores this and stokers that. You are going to need minimum twin 465's and at least ID13000's or larger for injectors.

I knocked out some liter bikes last night at only 23lbs....with another 7-8lbs left for the harder stuff.
[video=youtube_share;rjDPZEfThRU]http://youtu.be/rjDPZEfThRU[/video]

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Yes I have twin 465s and id1300 the car is currently on e85. I say grudge car but the car needs to appear somewhat stock that's the reason for no cage and the irs..

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I don't run a cage either, but I don't drag race. If you do, you're really going to need to think about switching. No one can tell you have a solid just looking at it.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Go with a High compression 10:1 teksid setup with billet rods, and a stock crank.. Higher compression means less boost to make the power you want.

Boss block will have sealing issues and John Mihovetz's has proved it..

Citing a professional drag racer experience as a basis for a street build is not really a good idea. Mihovetz runs 50 psi............we are nowhere near his league. The only issue with a big bore Boss block it the fact your dealing with a thinner land between the bores. I recall Mihovetz making a statements saying that applies to all big bore mod motors not just the boss and from his perspective that is probably an accurate statement. It would be nice to have more than 4 bolts clamping each cylinder

10:1 is what the NA cobra guys run when they pile on a blower and won't make to the 500 hp mark on pump gas. A stock compression Terminators are approaching 600 hp on the same fuel.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I've been beating my car on a weekly basis for almost 2 full seasons now 10:1 compression teksid on e85 and nearly 1000rwhp through an auto. I drive it all the time to work etc and race it hard evenings and weekends. Good to go.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Citing a professional drag racer experience as a basis for a street build is not really a good idea. Mihovetz runs 50 psi............we are nowhere near his league. The only issue with a big bore Boss block it the fact your dealing with a thinner land between the bores. I recall Mihovetz making a statements saying that applies to all big bore mod motors not just the boss and from his perspective that is probably an accurate statement. It would be nice to have more than 4 bolts clamping each cylinder

10:1 is what the NA cobra guys run when they pile on a blower and won't make to the 500 hp mark on pump gas. A stock compression Terminators are approaching 600 hp on the same fuel.

He's talking about 1000rwhp.. You won't do that on pump gas regardless. He can run 10:1 just fine on E85 or race gas and make more power than a lower compression motor..

It's not just JM that has had issues.. I know of 3 other boss block builds (not on forums) that have blown headgasket at 23psi.. It would be very nice to have more than 4 bolts though.. that's for sure!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread