Good buy?

Davidben

Established Member
I put a deposit down on a 99 Cobra vert in Electric green with a black top with 65000 miles. Price is $8300. Was listed in eBay but got no bids so I am wondering. It's all stock from what I can tell. Paint on hood needs to be repainted. Seems pretty solid otherwise with some miscellaneous blemishes. I didn't start out looking for electric green but I am getting used to it. Thoughts?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
This might be a red flag - they have been trying to sell that car on eBay for a long time. I'm thinking at least 3 months. Although it seems like it was maybe at a different dealer before - but definitely the same Cobra. I would definitely get it checked out and run your own carfax report on it.

Davidben

Established Member
There was a Carfax link in the listing. Do you think that can't be trusted? I could run one myself but I assumed it was on the up and up if it was from Carfax. According to the Carfax it's been with the dealer since February which seems like a long time. They had it listed for 10k and the have been dropping the price. Market seems pretty soft for these cars in general outside of folks like us who really want them. I am suspicious though.

trevman15

This might be a red flag - they have been trying to sell that car on eBay for a long time. I'm thinking at least 3 months. Although it seems like it was maybe at a different dealer before - but definitely the same Cobra. I would definitely get it checked out and run your own carfax report on it.

Most dealers right now are having issues selling their cars since winter is right around the corner. and also that color isn't the most attractive color so those could be the reasons why its not selling. My local dealership has an 01 red cobra vert that has been on the lot for 2 months. clean title, 60k miles, 12,999$. I went to check it out and decided to stick with the one in CO. they called me later that night and said they were having a sale for today only for 9500. and they said its not selling because of winter.

Davidben

Established Member
The dealer told me that too but according to the Carfax he's had it since February so he couldn't sell it last spring and summer either. Maybe it's the color but is green that unpopular? Seems like cool color to me and it's fun to be a little different. I will admit my initial preference was black. I had car checked out by independent mechanic and it's solid aside from a few issues the dealer is fixing for me most notably a wheel bearing and the TC switch. Having read a of many trials and tribulations about TC issues I am not too confident they will figure that one out. I am picking her up tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread