good air/track prep,... bad clutch? wtf

TargeT

Established Member
78812_219.jpg

the MPH is there for 11's

but the 60ft isnt, anyone have an idea of whats going on? I'd really like to tap 11's with as little mods as posible

right now ive got
clutch quadrant, short shifter, JLT CIA, no mufflers (stock pipes and cats though)

everything else totaly stock, running full weight, even had a half full supersized coke from mcdonalds on one of my runs (lol)

Jr Mint

Established Member
those are some great times for those mods.....by the way how does it sound with the mufflers off?? does it sound bad, good?? i thought about doing it...did u cut the mufflers?? or what

ModsAway

Established Member
That time seems amazing to me, you sure can drive... but 11's? are you getting greedy or is this truly possible, if so I really suck... which of course is possible lol

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Congrats Eric on the time, need a clutch or something that will hold some hard launches.

two deals here

#1 his car is on crack and runs hard for mods he has
#2 he can drive better than me

The air was awesome yesterday, too bad the clutch wouldnt hold the 5800rpm leaves on the ET streets, did more slipping/bogging than hooking.

If you do the math and a 1.89 60ft, if he 60ft 1.69 which is very possible that is a 12.01 right there plus with the added 60ft the car would pickup elsewhere IMOP.

Congrats....

TargeT

Established Member
Originally posted by 93 5.0
those are some great times for those mods.....by the way how does it sound with the mufflers off?? does it sound bad, good?? i thought about doing it...did u cut the mufflers?? or what

sounds like absolute shit :xpl:

haha, I really dont recomend it, only reason i've left them like they are so long is to beable to say "stock pipes" or somthen (even though its kinda cheating with out mufflers, they were cut out and pipes welded in their place, very raspy / popy.. not good sounding IMO, broke7's car makes mine sound like a toilet flushing)

I'll try again after the exhaust I have coming (Right Karl?!), and maybe a throttle body.. if i dont get 11's then i'm sticking it in a cocoon for the winter and seeing what will pop out next spring

Last edited:

TargeT

Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
Congrats Eric on the time, need a clutch or something that will hold some hard launches.

two deals here

#1 his car is on crack and runs hard for mods he has
#2 he can drive better than me

The air was awesome yesterday, too bad the clutch wouldnt hold the 5800rpm leaves on the ET streets, did more slipping/bogging than hooking.

If you do the math and a 1.89 60ft, if he 60ft 1.69 which is very possible that is a 12.01 right there plus with the added 60ft the car would pickup elsewhere IMOP.

Congrats....

It's the white,, white is faster... ;)

thanks, wish you coulda snaged some video from the WHOPPING two runs i got in that day :rollseyes

that was some of the best track prep, one of the workers said they used roughly 90 gallons of vht that weekend.. lol

I still have nothing on you, kicked off the track 5 times.. I wish i had that, maybe next year..

Users who are viewing this thread