Going W/ A Whipple Gotta ?

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Well im going to be ordering the blower here in a day or so but im curious on a few things. Ive got 2 focus pumps and 60lb injectors do I need a boost a-pump or no? Or can I just run the pumps and the injectors and be fine?:shrug:

Also Vector if you read this let me know what mods you have and how much boost your runnin. Thx:beer:

Last edited:

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
550-600rwhp without the BAP.

BAP you will need to rewire/fuse your pumps due to too much current draw. Not worth it.

aviator pumps are good(better) too.

co3bra

Established Member
It all depends on the amount of boost. If you plan on less than or equal to 15lbs, then a BAP will be sufficient. >15lbs, I would recommend a return style fuel system.

Im currently running 15-16 lbs with a BAP. No issues to date other than a smile on my face that wont go away.

good choice and good luck
keep us posted

scott

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
like said above, you are best off switching to a return style system. It is much better and safer.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
I wouldn't give up on a returnless system yet, give MJChip time to develop an FPDM that supports more amperage draw than stock. I personally like returnless since you don't super-heat the fuel. Also, Aviator pumps are not ok by themselves, they cause the FPDM to go into thermal shutdown, even if its just for an instant. I'm running dual Aviator pumps w/ a BAP, and even w/ the BAP set to zero the pumps cause such a huge draw at times the car hiccups hard.. its caused the car to shutoff on about 4 occasions. 3 times it started right back up.. the other time I had to wait about 30 seconds.

With 60lb injectors you alleviate a lot of the work that the pumps have to do in order to feed a 600hp car.. you will probably be fine but if your car experiences the hiccups.. watch for MJ's new product. Also, be open to upgrading the line and fuel rails in order to eliminate some of the additional restrictions that cause pressure drops in the system that ultimately limit the fuel pumps capacity.

You may be looking for a sanitzed off-the-shelf solution and clear answer, I don't think there is one yet. You can be a pioneer or you can wait until others pioneer it, take your pick.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
KB @ 17psi
585rwhp
Stock Pumps
55lb injectors
BAP

still a little room up top.....I see about a 35 - 40% pump duty cycle (max is 50) with the BAP set to 40% out of 50, need to set it to 50.

Rayzcar

Established Member
You should be OK with the focus pumps, and 60# injectors. I am running that setup currently with a Whipple at 19 lbs. I did, however, upgrade my fuel rails; the line from the tank to the motor is stock. You may, however, want to upgrade your mass air to the SCT meter.

pny_xtc

Established Member
I've been thinking about a whipple myself. I have a goal of 525 at the wheels. What kinda boost would I need to run to achieve it and would I even need to upgrade the injectors or run a BAP?

sir-blah

Established Member
Originally posted by pny_xtc
I've been thinking about a whipple myself. I have a goal of 525 at the wheels. What kinda boost would I need to run to achieve it and would I even need to upgrade the injectors or run a BAP?

525 is no prob, I have about 539 at only 13psi. The injectors were pretty maxed at that point though so they are 55's now.

Users who are viewing this thread