Going turbo...

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
I finally decided to go turbo...I think I'm going with twins and was wondering what are some good kits out there...I ask in a new thread because things change and get updated...I'm pretty much building it slowly so want to gather as much info on it to make a super clean setup! BTW it won't be done through the 6speed, I'm going with a c4 :rockon:

Last edited:

Shopboy

Established Member
I also wanna go turbo let me know what u go with?and we buy 2 of the kits and get a discount or somethin lol

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
people buy twins just to say OMG I HAVE TWIN TURBOS, nothing more nothing less

That isn;t my reason at all...but what are your suggestions to switch to one? I'm open to any tips...I tend to gather info and whatever makes sense I go with...I'm not what your describing above...My brother had a supra and I suggested to make it a single...and we did! :rockon:

Vnmous1_04

InFamous Racing
Established Member
Well I understand any which way would be fine as long as you do things right...I am going to be running a c4 not the standard T56...I'm not looking to make all the power in the world lol but just a fun ride on the street and strip...

itSSlow98

Established Member
If your going auto I'd stick with a big single as spooling it won't be as big an issue. If you wanna make stupid power then it's worth the trouble to go twins.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
plenty of "stupid" power can be made with a big single or not even a big single a billet 88mm turbo will make a ton of power and spool fine with an auto

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I'd call Reed at Work Turbochargers and talk to him. I'm going to be running one of his BW S400 82mm Billet Wheel turbo with a custom T4 housing. That turbo will put you over 1000rwhp with the auto. But it isn't cheap but you also get what you pay for. I currently have a Garret GT4276 and it put down 800rwhp thru a power robbing TH400. That is something else you might look at.

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Just wanted to share my 99 Cobra build so far.
I picked it up last year. I decided to scrap my fox project and put the forged 4V in this car instead. It's getting full MM coil overs, K-member, control arms, CC plates up front. Rear it has now 98 SRA with 31 spline axles, 3.55 gears, torque arm pan hard bar and adjustable sway bar and adjustable lower control arms. It has the Lethal return style fuel system that's good up to 1000hp. It's currently in Fresno at Speed Engineering having a custom single turbo setup built. Steve at Speed Engineering is a great fabricator and will and does great work. I will post pictures of the setup once complete.
It was a
44mm Tial waste gate
Tial BOV
Precision Billet Wheel T71mm turbo
Treadstone TR12 intercooler.

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
I've been piecing it together slowly. It's at the shop and they will be doing a custom forward facing header single setup. Once he commences I will do a build thread with as many pictures as possible.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I went single. Precision 88mm Turbo

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0876.jpg

Mustang Matt

Established Member
No intercooler? Or am I misunderstanding what's going on in the pics? That's a lot of sharp bends. Where will the MAF be located?

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
No intercooler? Or am I misunderstanding what's going on in the pics? That's a lot of sharp bends. Where will the MAF be located?

I'm using the factory water to air intercooler system, used a pro-charger hat with a 03 cobra lower and the intercooler. The maf is on the other side of the pipe BA5000

fangs99

Established Member
I've been piecing it together slowly. It's at the shop and they will be doing a custom forward facing header single setup. Once he commences I will do a build thread with as many pictures as possible.

Is that Steve that left AOP?

Users who are viewing this thread