going turbo which k member/coilover/a-arms to get

chada1208

Established Member
Guys I'm going custom single turbo on my 03! I'm debating on which k member to go with! I hear good stuff about MM, and UPR! I'm not relocating my oil filter, the car will be 60% street 40% drag! People talk about how noisy switching to coil over and k members can be that don't bother me unless it's ungodly loud! I just want the best combo I can get! Thanks

chada1208

Established Member
I'm going with an custom low mount single turbo! Just want to know what would be the best k member

Venomous 03

Established Member
Team Z.Nuff said

If itll be driven on the street alot,id recommend MM though.real tough piece

Last edited:

chada1208

Established Member
I don't want to use MM because it relocates the oil filter! I want to keep the oil filter where it's at! .

04yfzkid

Established Member
No complaints about my UPR kit but I have nothing to compare it to. The motor has been out of my car several times and I learned it needs to be set perfectly, or the motorcraft filter wont fit. It could just be my set up though.

Also my coilover conversion from UPR is cheap (that's why I bought them). Wouldn't buy them again after seeing the quality.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Team Z for drag and MM for street. You are building an entire turbo kit and putting on tubular suspension why is moving an oil filter the straw that prevents you from getting the best suspension?

mustangmike1

Established Member
I have had MM, UPR and QA1 over the years and I have to say that UPR is a far better built k member than the QA1. The QA1 moves the wheels out and forward, the welds and overall quality is not great. The MM is the best k-member I have seen, the quality is very good and beefy as hell but not much room for turbo applications even if custom made. I can't comment on the Team Z k-member but if it is built like there rear suspension I own it would be at the top of list.

Users who are viewing this thread