Going to the track.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Well guys,
I'm going to the track, this Friday, for the very first time. In the 03 no less. I've never launched a car @ track and I am sort of worried about embarrassing myself. I've launched many a car on the street, but it's not the same thing and I've never owned a IRS Mustang. I've been having a bit of a problem launching the IRS on the street, let a lone the track.

I have GS-D3 and what I've been doing is swiftly moving off the line to get tracktion, and then floor it through all gears. I want to get a 12s time slip.

Anyone have any advice on what I should do to launch this beast?

Thanks,
Bruce

redghost

Established Member
I went to Bradenton and ran a 13.4 @110mph with granny shifting. The track was not prepped for street style racing. I launched at 2k otherwise the F1's would break loose and I would get squirelly. I think if the track was prepped I would have done alot better. I believe most people are 12.6 +/- . Good luck :burnout:

redghost

Established Member
I slipped the cluch alittle. It really could have beed the combination of track and tires. No sticky sticky:bash:

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I ran a 13.04 slowly letting out the clutch at 2000 couldnt give it full throttle untill like 20mph and spun a lot shifting into 2nd. I think you have to be pretty good driver to run a 12 with the f1s. Im getting some bfg drag radials soon 12s no problem :thumbsup:

Chucko

Palindrome
Established Member
I ran a 12.82 @ 111.8 on F1's with only a catback on my '03 when I took it to the track for the first time. I'd not made a trip down the quarter mile in about 5 years, so my driving was pretty conservative.

I launched at a high idle and granny shifted (completely lifted off throttle between gears). The track was prepped well and I had no apparent wheel spin.

Here's the numbers:

60' 2.109
330' 5.607
1/8 8.411 @ 87.48
1000' 10.880
1/4 12.821 @ 111.8

black10th vert

Established Member
I just run mine for the first time a few weeks ago on the f1s. Droped the clutch at 2 grand and nailed the gas. I should have let the cluth slip because I got a little bit of bog. I ran 12.47 at 112 with a 1.9 60 ft. All I have is a upr cai and magna cb. Good luck and have fun.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I'm just worrkied about wheel hop! You guys have any problem with it at the track?

Grey03

Established Member
I leave at idle and then mash it. If the track is prepped at all you will have no wheelspin or hop. If the track is not prepped or a jackass ricer drags water onto the line you will get both. It feels good when it hooks and you will know that you have a good run going. This won't get you a great 60' but you should be able to run 12's.

RJCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Well guys,
I'm going to the track, this Friday, for the very first time. In the 03 no less. I've never launched a car @ track and I am sort of worried about embarrassing myself. I've launched many a car on the street, but it's not the same thing and I've never owned a IRS Mustang. I've been having a bit of a problem launching the IRS on the street, let a lone the track.

I have GS-D3 and what I've been doing is swiftly moving off the line to get tracktion, and then floor it through all gears. I want to get a 12s time slip.

Anyone have any advice on what I should do to launch this beast?

Thanks,
Bruce

Which track are you going to? Is there one around here?

L3thal 324

Established Member
when i ran the car for the first time i plaed with a bunch of launch techniques and finally got one that worked for me anyways. revved up to 3000 and on the third yellow i basically slipped the clutch as quickly as possible while giving it as much gas as possible with out breaking the tires loose or bogging. its a "feel it out" thing you know?? but then aain the tack here is always repped pretty damned good so yeah. good luck with everything. oh and the best 60' i had on the F1's was a 1.93 witha 12.74 @112 if it helps. good luck again and if you get wheels hp let out right away!!!!

Brucealeg

Established Member
I plan to pratice a lot. Just wanted some advice for the IRS. Not nearly as easy to launch as my 01GT. :)

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread