Going to the track today with ET Streets

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Today my local 1/8th is hosting a huge "Street Car Takeover" as the event is called with hundreds of guys coming from all around to have fun at the track and hangout all day. Yesterday I bought some lightly used 265/40-18 Mickey Thompson ET Streets and had them mounted. These tires hook! I was a little iffy about them with such a small sidewall but they surprised me.

So I plan on running my car a few times at least while they're still timing the races just to see what it can do. Last time, I ran a terrible 8.7@87mph with a 2.3 60ft on street tires. I think I'll be happy for now if I can just get it close to an 8 flat. I would love a 7.9x time slip but I doubt that will happen. Do you guys think an 8.0 will be doable with just axle-backs, tires, and beating the snot out of the car? Lol it also has a Steeda shifter base bushing. I've never launched a car with drag radials though so I know I'll have to play with them a couple passes to get the form down correctly but it shouldn't be too hard to get use to. All in all I'm super excited for today.

Heres some cell phone pics of my car and my best friends 2013 5.0 M6 that's also coming with me to the track today.
Untitled by Josh McClure, on Flickr

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
Tires are one of the "better" mods one can do. Good choice and good luck!

Sent from Planet 9

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You would be much better off with a slick and not a DR on the M6, but slip that clutch and you can widdle down the 60 ft some.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Yes stock tune. And a K&N air filter for what it's worth which I've heard isn't much. But yeah I'd love to get some slicks though I want to buy some 15in wheels first and I got these MTs at an awesome price from a friend. I basically got one of the tires for free and they haven't even had a burnout on them yet

5lho

Established Member
I did a 7.60 at over 90 mph on the 91 procal tune and a slick tire. 2012 BBP fully loaded. That was an 11.91 at 115.3 in the 1/4 so, yeah, with traction, I'd say you could do it on the stock tune. 1.6 60'

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
It was a hot day and the DA climbed high while they were still timing the runs. When it got dark though it was grudge racing all night so they didn't give out slips and my car ran a lot better of course lol I got to beat up on an S550 a little. Ran him twice and pulled a car length or so both times. He said it had a custom H pipe with muffler and resonator deletes
http://youtu.be/UHQmmKZVvpA
http://youtu.be/pZbkBz5Cklw
Watch in HD or the quality will be terrible

5lho

Established Member
It was a hot day and the DA climbed high while they were still timing the runs. When it got dark though it was grudge racing all night so they didn't give out slips and my car ran a lot better of course lol I got to beat up on an S550 a little. Ran him twice and pulled a car length or so both times. He said it had a custom H pipe with muffler and resonator deletes
http://youtu.be/UHQmmKZVvpA
http://youtu.be/pZbkBz5Cklw
Watch in HD or the quality will be terrible

Yep, bad DA won't help....

The 550s are great cars but the additional pork and not really much additional power, plus an IRS make them not a straight line focussed as a 197. My loaded 2012 w. 160 pounds of me and helmet in it, on fumes, weighed in at 3680 pounds race weight. My new 2014 auto weighs, surprisingly, at most 50 pounds more than that, with the same option load and the visibly added sound deadener in the '14.

Users who are viewing this thread