Going to the Dyno Tomorrow

fordmotorsports

Established Member
Going to the Dyno Tomorrow (video added)

Me and a few buddies are heading over to a local Dyno tomorrow. I have just a few mods with a SCT can tune. I am hoping to hit 300, I think the car has it in her.
What are the guesses?

Last edited:

fordmotorsports

Established Member
I'd say 290 ish unless you car is really, really strong.

The buttdyno says that it is pretty strong. :shrug: My 03 GT had 272RWHP and it doesn't hold a candle to this car. Will find out more tomorrow..................to be continued.....................

BTSMUSTANG

Established Member
I know this has been brought up before, BUT, it depends on what type of dyno you run on. Mustang dyno's will say your car has 12-15% less horsepower then a dynojet. I've been dyno'd by both. On a mustang dyno my 99 cobra w/exhaust and intake no tune put down 291hp on a mustang dyno and 324hp on a dynojet.

99BlownVert

Established Member
I know this has been brought up before, BUT, it depends on what type of dyno you run on. Mustang dyno's will say your car has 12-15% less horsepower then a dynojet. I've been dyno'd by both. On a mustang dyno my 99 cobra w/exhaust and intake no tune put down 291hp on a mustang dyno and 324hp on a dynojet.

Yep my mach 1 put down 290 on a mustang dyno at rick's dyno at amazon and i run the times below...

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Unsure of the dyno, I will find out tomorrow, it is the local ricer dyno.

Crossing my fingers. :rockon:

Local ricer dyno? It'll probably read something like 330rwhp or something silly like that. Usually, a MD will be about 3-5% off. But there are a lot of dyno's out there that are out of calibration.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I would think you would be 300+ because you have pretty much the same mods I do, JLT, midpipe and catback and I hit 322rwhp. Good Luck! Going to the dyno with a group a friends was a really fun experience.

fordmotorsports

Established Member
Just got home. The tuner guy and I were talking and he use to have a 99 Cobra with quite a few mods, said he was running something like 500 rwhp. Anyway, he said 295 and I said I want to be over 300, first pull was 304.97 with 298tq. He didn't hook the wideband up because we weren't tuning, but just getting numbers, it looked pretty lean, so I threw some fuel at it. Second pull was 304.XX and same with the third pull. I think that I will get it tuned when I put the spray on it, so that it will not be a ticking timebomb. I am happy with my results. :rockon:

BTW, Dynojet.

Bite Me

Established Member
I would think you would be 300+ because you have pretty much the same mods I do, JLT, midpipe and catback and I hit 322rwhp. Good Luck! Going to the dyno with a group a friends was a really fun experience.

:eek: 322 with just those mods? Man I wish I made that. No long tubes?

Man I have the same mods and make 290.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Just got home. The tuner guy and I were talking and he use to have a 99 Cobra with quite a few mods, said he was running something like 500 rwhp. Anyway, he said 295 and I said I want to be over 300, first pull was 304.97 with 298tq. He didn't hook the wideband up because we weren't tuning, but just getting numbers, it looked pretty lean, so I threw some fuel at it. Second pull was 304.XX and same with the third pull. I think that I will get it tuned when I put the spray on it, so that it will not be a ticking timebomb. I am happy with my results. :rockon:

BTW, Dynojet.

very nice man. With a proper tune you could probably see 310rwhp, which is good in my book for an intake/midpipe/catback car.

Users who are viewing this thread