Going to test drive a Mach tonight!

BlakHrse95

Established Member
Well, I found a Red '03 Mach at Anderson Ford and am going to go look at it tonight. It is the same salesman that sold my roomate his L, so he should be willing to deal. They want 22,900 and it has 6,000 on the ODO. Anything specific to look for on these? I had my heart set on a Cobra, but they still appear to be a little out of my price range. Get the Mach for a year or two. Any responses are appreciated.

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
dude i hope you get the mach i have an 04 one. trust me you will feel the diffrence in power, it will be like night and day, everyone better hang on after the revs past 3 grand. the one thing i must stress and is imparitiave that you get the tsb done on the transmision, this tsb fixes the grind in the one, two shift. but it only really happens when it is cold, so if the car is warmed up when you test drive it ask if anyone had driven it before you, or did someone from the dealer warm it up for u. if so they are hideing something. but good luck anyway and enjoy the machness

MACH1PB

Established Member
I bought my new 03 mach for that much. Try to go lower than that since most dealers are willing to go lower if u push them. One suggestion is that when you are test driving, try to hear if there is a "tick" coming from the driver side engine. Thats a major problem with some mach owners and it sounds terrible and annoying. If you do hear it, make sure they service it before you actually buy it. Some are even replacing a head cylinder to take the tick away and sometimes that doesnt even cut it so watch out for that.

p411m

Established Member
Mine for sale

Plus some mods for less...

F/S 03 Azure Blue Mach 1 (Must Sell)
$18,000

16000 miles
Still 6 years/60000 left on warranty
K&N CAI
SLP Loudmouth Catbacks
Polished Radiator Cover
GT Styling Headlight Covers
Mach 1 Trim Panel
Visus Louvers
Vinyl Smoked Tail Light Covers
Vinyl Smoked Fog Light Covers
Mach 1 3rd Brake Light Decal
Graphic Express 281 Hood Decals
Black Mustang Bumper Inserts
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
Original Owner
Very well maintained

BlakHrse95

Established Member
Thanks, I got them to drop it to $20,662. Will probably be picking it up Thursday evening. It wasn't warm when I test drove it, and no transmission problems.

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
so how do you like it? i bet it is a total diffrence from your gt. just a keep a look out for that tick and the grinding of the gears because it happens on and off with the gears. but when it happens go right too the dealer and have the shop forman ride with you too let him hear it. so in the mean tiime enjoy the machness

MachweZo3

Established Member
Good luck. My Mach is awesome, but i wish i got a stick! By the way, does anyone know how much it would cost to put swap out the auto with a stick?

2814v

Established Member
A trany swap is exspensive and labor intensive, it would be better to sell your auto and buy a 5 speed.

Users who are viewing this thread