Going to strip for 1st time in the Lighting....

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
give me some pointers I'll be on slicks so do I go through the water box? About how long of a burn out should I do on them? What air pressure are you guys running? I know to turn the O/D off but is there any thing else I need to do or be aware of? Im looking for a mid to low 12, tell me what you think my chances are......

Stg 4 eaton
6lb lower
C&L Plenum
SBTB
Chicken ears CAI
2400 MAF
Dynatech Longtubes
Dynatech Mid
Bassani catback
TR6 Plugs
Lakewood slappers
Driveshaft safety loop
2400 stall
skinnies front slicks rear

going to remove the spare tire / tailgate / pass seat track prep should be good ( its a major track here in NC ) temps look to be in the mid 60's. Going to be on my street tune of 14* but im thinking of adding 2 or 3* to my global spark and throwing some 100 octane in the tank.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i ran 16psi, unless your tuned for 100 octane i wouldnt bother, it could actually hurt your times

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
try 18lbs in the tires. Roll through the water box and blip the gas when the back tires are in the water just to wet them. then pull just in front of the water box and and smash it you need to get them spinning fast, let it shift into 3rd and let it stay there for a few, then let off the break and slowly roll out of the gas and then stage and go.

Users who are viewing this thread