Going to run an LS1 RX7

chrisweekspc

Established Member
We're having a big meet here in Panama City Beach on the 30th and an LS1 RX7 has it out for me and some of the other 'quick' cars in the area.

He says he hasn't lost a race, except to a 9 sec. bike from a roll and he was about 1.5 cars ahead of him.

As far as I know, it dyno'd around 390-400 WHP and similar tq.

Anyone raced a swap like this? My car on blower makes around 530/530, and on the spray around 670/730

Just looking to see where I should compare with this car based on any others who make similar power as me, so post it up.

For those who are in FL, he's from Tallahasse..

Some of his videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6peRbscM6Ng

Thanks.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
My friend Vince did this swap in a 93 RX-7. Bone stock it made 320 to the tires and ran low 8's in the 1/8th mile @ about 90MPH. You should toast him.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea..with spray you got him..make sure that bottle is filled and warm :)

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I would say you have him covered without the spray... he migh be 2600~2700lbs if did some weight reduction but you still have him covered I think.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Sounds like him. I haven't met the guy.

He have a chip on his shoulder or something?

yeah i garuntee you are going to hate this kid if its the right person...basically everyone down in tampa hates him because all he does is talk shit about everyone..my buddy in a cobalt ss wanted to race him for fun since nothing was going on....so the kid needed to say "no dude, im not wasting my gas in that car...ill go get my moms..." i know cobalts arent that fast...but this is the reason im getting outa the car scene...lots of douches...he then proceeding to make fun of my friends supra because he is having issues with it...

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
I predict that off the spray you would be about even, with him pulling slightly higher up...on the spray, you walk away pretty easily. Should be an interesting race.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
I would say you have him covered without the spray... he migh be 2600~2700lbs if did some weight reduction but you still have him covered I think.

Agreed...

Stock those cars weighed about 2700 lbs with a tiny 1.3 rotory engine, add a massive LS1 and he'll be well over 3000 lbs unless he used some weight reduction measures. Still lighter then a Cobra but more like a ZO6 in the weight compartment. I don't know much about this guy but he probably has a lot of secrets up his sleeve if he's calling out fast Cobras and what not.

DOHC 04 SVT...How do you do against new ZO6's??? I think you have this guy, especially with what your pushing on the spray!!!

Looks like a good race..good luck!!!

Later...Dave

chrisweekspc

Established Member
yeah i garuntee you are going to hate this kid if its the right person...basically everyone down in tampa hates him because all he does is talk shit about everyone..my buddy in a cobalt ss wanted to race him for fun since nothing was going on....so the kid needed to say "no dude, im not wasting my gas in that car...ill go get my moms..." i know cobalts arent that fast...but this is the reason im getting outa the car scene...lots of douches...he then proceeding to make fun of my friends supra because he is having issues with it...

Well, definitely fits the personality of the guy the way he has been talking on our local car forums.

We've got a straight up ridiculously fast 496ci early 90's style vette that is just wicked, not to mention the built motor from top to bottom, he runs a very hefty shot on it. The car is no joke, yet he's calling him out telling him he better have his bottle because he'll need it, etc. Then he told me to bring my MT Slicks, because i'll need them.

He seems that way. I'm about the easiest person in the world to get along with, so if he has a problem with me, the problem lies with him..and if it gets any further than some "friendly street runs" he'll wish he had thought twice.

The crowd around here all grew up together, close-knit..almost like family,.

Anyways, as for the run..we'll see what happens. It's "fast" according to him and some of his Tallahassee friends. I'm sure it will be on video, so i'll post it up..isn't happening until the 30th though.

So, if you guys are local and want to come, hit it up. Lots of wicked cars, have a private parking lot with permission to use, lamorghini's, couple ferrari's, carerra GT, plus the other local crowd, tallahasse crowd, and pensacola.

chrisweekspc

Established Member
Agreed...

Stock those cars weighed about 2700 lbs with a tiny 1.3 rotory engine, add a massive LS1 and he'll be well over 3000 lbs unless he used some weight reduction measures. Still lighter then a Cobra but more like a ZO6 in the weight compartment. I don't know much about this guy but he probably has a lot of secrets up his sleeve if he's calling out fast Cobras and what not.

DOHC 04 SVT...How do you do against new ZO6's??? I think you have this guy, especially with what your pushing on the spray!!!

Later...Dave

I haven't had a chance yet to run a new Z06. I have ran a 500+ HP C5 vette, Livernois buillt motor and vortech'd, put a good few cars on him. The videos are floating around somewhere, maybe search on youtube under my name 'DOHC 04 SVT'

My car runs strong, i'm proud of it, it's a monster (to me at least) on the juice, and although no good n2o track times to show what she does, my first pass ever out on the slicks and n2o I coasted to a 7.5 @ 73mph 1/8 mile, had to let off probably ca little past half-track due to the car swaying.

Ran a best of 7.46 on Nitto's with a 1.76 60ft' and no n2o, then that run a 1.5 60ft w/ n2o and slicks..

Car has some power, so hopefully she'll be up for the challenge for the guy and his RX7.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
Agreed...

Later...Dave

Actually they are lighter by 20-40 lbs after the LS1 swaps.

This guys car is fast. He is from Tampa (in Tall for school) and is in the Mafia Motorsports car club. He will have you covered blower only for sure. You will need to use the spray but be aware that he has spray as well . . .

Last edited:

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
You should be fine on the sauce, but if he's got a big shot, maybe you should up your shot too???

Users who are viewing this thread