Going to remove my engine tomorow. Any advice?

shelbygt

Established Member
I didn't see any write-ups in the how to section, so I just wanted to see if anyone has any "heads up" or know of any good links or tips on what to look out for when removing the Terminator engine.
I have torn apart and rebuilt the Ford 4.0 SOHC, so I think this will be similar. Is it better to pull it out from the bottom or from the top, leave the tranny in or pull it too? I do have the 03 Ford service manual on the pc, but sometimes they don't give you short cuts or workarounds, like leaving the AC compressor connected to avoid a discharge and recharge. Luckily I have a lift so I know that I have more options. I am not sure how much I plan to do with the motor, but for now, I need to see how bad my rings are since #5 and #6 are running at 126 and 135 PSI.
Thanks in advance!

itSSlow98

Established Member
Easier from the bottom, but in order to keep from recharging my a/c and emptying my power steering fluid I yanked it out of the top. If you have an engine leveler pull the motor and trans together just remember to drain the trans or seal the tailshaft when you tilt it or you will cover everything in fluid.

Buy a box of ziplock bags, post it notes and a sharpie to bag and tag every single bolt you pull off the car/motor.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
You can get it out the bottom and still not have to unhook the ac. Power steering is easy to hook up so i always just unhook it. Just pull the ac and tie it out the way and work slowly to make sure you dont snag anything. theres alot of stuff on our engines that will catch if you dont have someone helping you watch.

Users who are viewing this thread