Going to look at a SB '04 SVTF on Friday

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
So my brother gives me a call from England, and he wants me to go look at a SVT Focus for him once he is moved back to the states at the end of the month. It is a Sonic '04 with 61k, and the seller is asking $8,900. Personally I think that is a reasonable price if the car checks out pretty good. From what I was told, the option list was pretty well checked off on this car. It has Xenon HIDs, Audiophile 6 disc, moonroof, and the Cold Weather Package.

Anyway, I am making this post to possibly get a better idea of what to look for when shopping for a used SVTF. After having some experience with my ex-girlfriend's SVTF, I will make damn sure this one doesn't have brake fluid dripping down on the clutch pedal, along with checking over the tie rod end links. Anything else I should look for? Hopefully the premature clutch wear TSB has been preformed already. Thanks for any help!
:beer:

Said car:
http://usedcars.kbb.com/fyc_b/vdp.j...9&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=190

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I would drive it and see how the clutch is, also stick your head under the dash and check that clutch master cylinder, I bought my 03 with 36669, and there was some fluid build up by the clutch.... it drives fine now, but I will need to deal with it. I also looked at an 04 with 82000 miles and it needed a tune up badly... besides the clutch issues I dont see anything out of the ordinary with this used vehicle... who knows, at 61k, the clutch may have been done already...

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
besides the clutch issues I dont see anything out of the ordinary with this used vehicle...

That's kinda the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

Ya, the clutch and master cylinder was the two main issues I was expecting to pay close attention to. We'll see how this one turns out. I'll post up pictures after I get back on Friday.

And here is my ex-girlfriend's SVT Focus just for your viewing pleasure. It was this car that made my brother want to find one for himself. :beer:

blackwhiteSVT.jpg

DSCN756211.jpg

DSCN7178.jpg

SCOTT99COBRA

SVT Poster
Established Member
sonic_4.6
Is it around here locally? I looked all over for mine, and ended up having to drive to Madison, Wisconsin to pick one up.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
yeah thats a great rolling shot!!! These cars are so much fun, I've had mine for two weeks and couldn't be happier with it. I ordered the CMC yesterday from Kevin (great guy and great help too), can't wait to get that taken care of. he also had the "powered by SVT" badge for under the hood!!! Good luck, let us know how you make out!

Users who are viewing this thread