Going to I.T.T...

Venomized281

Established Member
early next year. I was thinking about taking computer programming or networking. For those of you that have had experience in these fields, what are they like? If those 2 fields don't fit me, I might try web design or something of that critera.

Thanks

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
When you do TEST OUT OF THE FIRST SET OF CLASSES IT IS IMPERATIVE. Had I any idea what the first set of classes were i would have. Right now im being de-educated and losing brain cells rapidly.

mx_9

Established Member
Originally posted by Venomized281
early next year. I was thinking about taking computer programming or networking. For those of you that have had experience in these fields, what are they like? If those 2 fields don't fit me, I might try web design or something of that critera.

Thanks

They're both very competitive fields so concentrate in doing very well in class.

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
Oh, ya, screw computer programming, learn it, but DONT BE IN THE FIELD. It sucks, unless you like coding 8 hours a day in a cubicle with deadlines pulling overtime.

mx_9

Established Member
Well, expect long hours out of school anyway. You're just not effective/efficient and it will be a necessity regardless of what field you are in. Expect long hours for 4 years..work hard and be the best at what you're doing and the security and $$ will come in.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I looked at that school beginning of this year, until I saw the 35k price tage for an associates, so yes, 79k for a a bachelors. Not worth it IMO.

mx_9

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
I looked at that school beginning of this year, until I saw the 35k price tage for an associates, so yes, 79k for a a bachelors. Not worth it IMO.

Don't be disuaded by the price. Financial aid (grants thast don't have to be paid back) is readily available.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51

No one should take this the wrong way. I went over there and that place is a scam. The classes looked nice and what not but come on. The price they wanted was 350 a month and then it went up 75 after 4 years. For 10 friggin years ! !! ! ! They have that whole department to get money from student financial aid and the day I went I went and were there with two black ppl that didn't even know what the hell windows was. They both signed up and got to go for almost free. Where I who woulda actually used it didn't get any money and when I heard the cost almost fell out of my chair. For the price i'd rather goto UK or hell Michigan or something and still have money. Almost like they just use ppl to get all the money from Pell grants and other scholarship funds.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I know someone who looked into ITT, and I couldn't believe what their fees were when he told me. He was able to do a similar program at a local community college for about 1/10 the cost. He even took some classes that would directly transfer to a 4 year state college. Not a bad idea if you ever think you may go back to school. $35K for a 2 year degree program?!?!?! :eek:

-Greg

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
exactly!!

their commericals make the place look wonderful, and it should for the amount they charge.

And Nick is right, I didn't qualify for jack except student loans which was down right ridiculous..

Originally posted by Top_Fuel
I know someone who looked into ITT, and I couldn't believe what their fees were when he told me. He was able to do a similar program at a local community college for about 1/10 the cost. He even took some classes that would directly transfer to a 4 year state college. Not a bad idea if you ever think you may go back to school. $35K for a 2 year degree program?!?!?! :eek:

-Greg

mx_9

Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
Yeah but no middle class white kid is going to get any of that money !

Yeah, I know it may be a problem. My point is that if you have the inclination to go to college...go! It is worth it. I paid off my loans in 8 years so I had a decent amount to pay back. BUT, the starting salary and subsequent opportunities are well worth it.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Think about school as investing stock in yourself. Trust me, it pays off in the long run way more then any stock i know of :).

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I have no problem with school loans for legitimate institutions of higher learning. But going into massive debt to go to ITT for a couple of years when you can get the same education (or better) elsewhere for a lot less money...that just doesn't make sense to me.

Don't let glossy brochures and slick marketing drive your educational choices. I would suggest to the original poster that there may be more educational "bang for the buck" to be had outside of ITT.

-Greg

azgardia

Wanderer
Established Member
ITT has an excellent department handling employment, not to mention a lot of employers look at students for potential job opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread