Going to Germany, I want to drive the Nüofirburgring, any advice?

SVECobraR

Established Member
Going to Germany, I want to drive the Nürburgring, any advice?

Hey guys i'm going to be going to Germany in October for a few weeks and i really want to stop by the Nürburgring and get a few laps in. I wanted to know if you guys had any advice for me? Have any of you guys been there and raced the track? How much does it cost and is it available 24/7 or is it just open on the weekends.

I read that its a public one way toll road that is open all the time and that it costs about $33 a lap but what i'm trying to figure out is if i should just upgrade my daily rental car and take that onto the track, and if they allow that, or if i should just rent a prepped race car that they have available around the track.

Any advice, or experiences are appreciated.

Last edited:

Raven519

Established Member
This site will tell you when you can run "tourist laps" Nürburgring – Motorsport, Events, Touristenfahrten, Fahrerlebnisse, MICE & Freizeitangebote an der legendären Rennstrecke in der Eifel. Erlebe den Mythos Nordschleife und die moderne Formel 1-Grand-Prix-Strecke! - Nürburgring

I'd say rent a race car, no rental agencies want their cars on the track. I'm currently in Munich and was going to go up there, but 6hr drive, 6 euros for 1 gallon of gas and a decent chunk of change for a rental car wasn't going to cut it.

You can also do the same thing on Hockenheimring, they do tourist laps and race taxi's.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Grab a playstation 3, buy Gran Turismo 5 and lap the Nurburgring and memorize the lay out

SVECobraR

Established Member
I've already been practicing on forza 4 but i might just do the hockeinheimer (horrible spelling). Unless i can get more info about it till i leave.

oldmodman

Established Member
Ride at least one lap in a "race taxi" before you go out and try the drive yourself.

I am planning to do a buy here-pick up in Germany car purchase in a few years. I really hope that the ring is still open when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread