going to drain the antifreeze

pipe

*pee* ~pay~
Established Member
what precautions should i take? is it really har to do? any input will be really appreciated.

thanks alot and GOD Bless ya'll!!!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Open drain, open cap on tank and plug on crossover and let drain.
Fill back thruogh crossover slowly.
After filling through crossover and starting and stopping the car sevsral times (Burping) when you can't get anymore in through crossover, top off tank.

Precautions, If your freindly to the enviroment, collect it and dispose properly.
Other than that, don't let anyone drink it.

MangledAxle

Do you hear that?!
Established Member
i plan to change the antifreeze soon myself. anyone know major stores that recycle antifreeze?h

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
What benefits would he get from changing his anti freeze?

Is there a certain mileage or number of years you need to do it?

pipe

*pee* ~pay~
Established Member
coolant check light came on, manual says to change it if it looks brown or cooper like, as mine is. you are supposed to change it every other year.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
You can refill through the radiator (expansion tank) opening. Fill to the cold level on the side of the tank. Then put the radiator cap on and finish the fill through the crossover tube plug opening. DO NOT OPEN THE RADIATOR CAP WITH THE CROSSOVER TUBE PLUG REMOVED OR THE COOLANT IN THE CROSSOVER TUBE WILL FLOW OUT AT THE RADIATOR CAP OPENING. Check coolant level at the crossover tube plug after normal driving and allowing the engine to cool to ambient temperature. Check coolant level in the expansion tank for proper level. Top up thru radiator cap if required.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
yeah i filled thru the expansion tank, an left the coolant crossover tube opened too, big mistake,lol. I was nervous at first cause people say burping these cars are a pita. But i had no problems with it, car runs much cooler now.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Dont refill thru tank, go thru radiator let run and burp out then fill to proper level on tank. A good way to tell if you need to change your antifreeze if it has gone from that neon green to ethier a dark hunter green or starting to go darker into brown. Thats when it loses its power and will start to clog your radiator.

Precautions? keep kids away and especially animals like dogs, dogs love this stuff, only a tablespoon of this stuff will kill a good sized dog. (it taste sweet) takes i believe a cup to mess a human up bad.

Users who are viewing this thread